Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Got The "Brim Too Wide" Blues!

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Options

Firstly, is it a clone? If it`s an original Borsalino, don`t touch it. But if it is a clone, it`s tempting. Secondly, if you havent worn it outside, youre not going to wear it. Sell it. If it`s not worth as much as to get a fair replacement, and is a clone, you could start with trying to get the crown lower with a rebash. A quarter inch off the brim will get rid of that sweep in the back and front, or at least change the look. But it is never an easy job on a soft brim...plenty of sanding required. I`m of the school that if you never wear it, sell it, or give it a try to customise it. Remember 5 great hats you love, are better than 2 great hats, 4 mediocre hats, and 4 you never wear!

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
Restyled Borsalino

Thanks for all the feedback, gentlemen. I punched in a diamond bash and lost the snap on the brim. I'm liking this more....

borsaorclone3.jpg

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
Thanks tonyb and J.B.! It's amazing what a little tweaking can do. The felt on this lid is so thin and flexible I can practically roll it into a ball and stuff it in my pocket.

But I don't think I'll try that anytime soon. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe