Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I don't own a...

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
PJs n the freezer... I might try that, actually. I know there were some days last year when it got hot at home, I put a fedora in the freezer for half an hour then wore it. Lovely.

Did you try it Edward? I put my nighty in the freezer. Didn't work out so well as there was a power outage...just sort of made it damp. Yuck!
X
BD

swinggal

One Too Many
Well, I love the style of the 20s, 30s and 40s and the standards of dress, manners etc but I see no problem in owning modern technology. If people from that era could have the technology we have today - they would jump at it. My nana, who was 96 when she passed away in 2007 said she would have killed to have some the modern items we take for granted today back when she was in her 20s in the 1930s. She thought my macbook was amazing and saw it as one of the most useful items she had ever seen, "Like a whole library in a book" she used to say.

I have mostly Art Deco furniture, art and fittings in my home but I still love my technology. Opens up a whole world of interesting possibilities - including being here in the Fedora Lounge :)

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
I dont own a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado, but Id sure like too!
conv59b.jpg

LizzieMaine

Bartender
PJs n the freezer... I might try that, actually. I know there were some days last year when it got hot at home, I put a fedora in the freezer for half an hour then wore it. Lovely.

One Golden Era trick that gentlemen sometimes tried on hot days was to put an iced cabbage leaf inside their summer straw hats. Supposedly very refreshing and refrigerating, as long as they remembered to get rid of the cabbage leaf after it wilted.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Well, I love the style of the 20s, 30s and 40s and the standards of dress, manners etc but I see no problem in owning modern technology. If people from that era could have the technology we have today - they would jump at it. My nana, who was 96 when she passed away in 2007 said she would have killed to have some the modern items we take for granted today back when she was in her 20s in the 1930s. She thought my macbook was amazing and saw it as one of the most useful items she had ever seen, "Like a whole library in a book" she used to say.

I have mostly Art Deco furniture, art and fittings in my home but I still love my technology. Opens up a whole world of interesting possibilities - including being here in the Fedora Lounge :)

I agree with you.

Kirk H

Edward

Bartender
I dont own a 1959 Cadillac Eldorado, but Id sure like too!
conv59b.jpg

I'd prefer a 56, but I'd be more concerned about parking it than were I driving a Routemaster. They're about the same size.

One Golden Era trick that gentlemen sometimes tried on hot days was to put an iced cabbage leaf inside their summer straw hats. Supposedly very refreshing and refrigerating, as long as they remembered to get rid of the cabbage leaf after it wilted.

Thanks, I might try that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe