Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Gypsymoth82

A-List Customer
What made you suspect it was a scam?

This scammer was really convincing. They had a FB profile with a couple of hundred friends, family pictures and posts going back a few years. Sounded like a genuine older lady. They even sent me a blurry pic of a business card with the profile face on it. They had lots of pictures of the jacket, but in the end wouldn't send me a picture of themselves and their ID, or a pic with them and the jacket. The conversation was very pleasant, but when I gently insisted, they started to apply pressure for me to send money.

My spidey-sense acted up and I went through their friends list and checked out some of "her" friends and it turns out that she was only one layer away from a bunch of young guys in India, and even some group chats for Scammers. Like "internet Scammers" and FB Scammers. Most 60 year old white ladies from Illinois don't hang out with those guys.

Whenever anyone says "Please just send it now".......beat it out of there fast!

Bummer though.

Observe

One Too Many
This scammer was really convincing. They had a FB profile with a couple of hundred friends, family pictures and posts going back a few years. Sounded like a genuine older lady. They even sent me a blurry pic of a business card with the profile face on it. They had lots of pictures of the jacket, but in the end wouldn't send me a picture of themselves and their ID, or a pic with them and the jacket. The conversation was very pleasant, but when I gently insisted, they started to apply pressure for me to send money.

My spidey-sense acted up and I went through their friends list and checked out some of "her" friends and it turns out that she was only one layer away from a bunch of young guys in India, and even some group chats for Scammers. Like "internet Scammers" and FB Scammers. Most 60 year old white ladies from Illinois don't hang out with those guys.

Bummer though.
Too bad. Good detective work, though! Seems the scammers are putting in greater effort to appear more convincing.

Bummer though.

I'm fairly certain I remember those very images from years ago. This photo setup belongs to a certain UK based seller so I thought they might've relisted the jacket or something but honestly, it did seem pretty strange the listing would still have been active & plus, I haven't seen anything by that seller in a long while. I'm not sure they're still in business. Which is why I asked.

In any case, it is good you sensed something is off. There are always clues, primarily the dumbass scammers not really having a first clue what they're selling but when the deal appears to be just good enough to be true, we tend to ignore the subtle signs.

I was buying a pair of gloves recently, quite pricey, listed on Grailed... At first, the seller seemed nice as well but then I realized something was off when the size of the gloves magically began changing in the listing. Upon inquiring, they explained how they had two pairs, and just used one listing, switching to the size I was after once the first pair was gone. The reverse image search that confirmed what I already knew by then - Something that we should always, always, always do before buying anything at all.

Observe

One Too Many
I know I'm fairly new here in the grand scheme of things but there seems to be an influx of new accounts on TFL who are here solely to try and scam people.

So this listing popped up on Vinted recently & though horrendous, the two photos that the seller uploaded had me intrigued even though I couldn't tell if it's even leather. Seller couldn't provide any more info, adding only that they have gotten the coat as an exchange. Figuring it's worth the risk of 32 Euros, I bought it and all but forgot about it until today, when it arrived.

Opening the box honestly left me speechless because this jacket is honestly among the nicest things I've ever bought! I have no idea who made this as there's no brand name or a tag of any kind, anywhere on it - Other than the black leather patch at the neck with either a crudely drawn white line or a very realistic depiction of a bump.

So, turns out it's made from leather after all and some leather this is. 1.7-ish mm thick, heavy, beautiful, full grain leather. Fully unlined with the suede side of the hide being finished with a shiny coating so it don't stick to clothes. So curiously enough, the leather is top dyed with a brown/red core that is again finished with said black layer. Never saw that before!
Everything is superbly & tightly stitched, all the pockets are leather lined & the hardware is RiRi.

Best part is the cut which is outstanding and looks so perfect on me I've no words. Whoever made this jacket, knows how to make clothes.

Well anyway, this is the jacket and... If anyone can ID it, I'd honestly love to know what it is!

LwLpZRW.jpg

Rab6RTs.jpg

s9JzOVm.jpg

Fat5QGb.jpg

54Ba5y3.jpg

TaM5Stv.jpg

0CcsICz.jpg

tIgcTsf.jpg

Al 916

One Too Many
So this listing popped up on Vinted recently & though horrendous, the two photos that the seller uploaded had me intrigued even though I couldn't tell if it's even leather. Seller couldn't provide any more info, adding only that they have gotten the coat as an exchange. Figuring it's worth the risk of 32 Euros, I bought it and all but forgot about it until today, when it arrived.

Opening the box honestly left me speechless because this jacket is honestly among the nicest things I've ever bought! I have no idea who made this as there's no brand name or a tag of any kind, anywhere on it - Other than the black leather patch at the neck with either a crudely drawn white line or a very realistic depiction of a bump.

So, turns out it's made from leather after all and some leather this is. 1.7-ish mm thick, heavy, beautiful, full grain leather. Fully unlined with the suede side of the hide being finished with a shiny coating so it don't stick to clothes. So curiously enough, the leather is top dyed with a brown/red core that is again finished with said black layer. Never saw that before!
Everything is superbly & tightly stitched, all the pockets are leather lined & the hardware is RiRi.

Best part is the cut which is outstanding and looks so perfect on me I've no words. Whoever made this jacket, knows how to make clothes.

Well anyway, this is the jacket and... If anyone can ID it, I'd honestly love to know what it is!

LwLpZRW.jpg

Rab6RTs.jpg

s9JzOVm.jpg

Fat5QGb.jpg

54Ba5y3.jpg

TaM5Stv.jpg

0CcsICz.jpg

tIgcTsf.jpg

what a beautiful thing!

cbez

One Too Many
LGB air force jacket. They were/are a more fashion forward Japanese brand, but seem to make their jackets in Japan and use pretty high quality materials (mine is horsehide and cupro). They seem be having a resurgence in the Japanese streetwear scene. I'm expecting some corners cut in the workmanship since they were never a premium brand like RMC/Freewheelers etc. Curious what it will be like in person.

cbez

One Too Many
a J-57. looks like a time capsule. it has the old reproduced by tag.

I think the shorter length will look good on me compared to a j-100 which seem to be made for tall and lanky bois.

bought it with no measurements so definitely has the chance to backfire but other old listings in this size that I was able to scrounge up seem like they should fit.
m41124755062_2.jpg

KBlake

One Too Many
This BG came in for $50! It’s a 40 and fits quite snug, so if anyone here wants it I’d consider passing it along for what I paid plus shipping.

The hide and build quality is fantastic. My only gripe with BG is the polyester or whatever synthetic material they use for the lining. The hide is extremely robust and had beautiful grain pattern.
IMG_1637.jpeg
IMG_1643.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads