Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Many Flat Caps is Too Many?

Captain Darling

New in Town
Okay I decided to lay out my flat caps for a stocktake…twelve, I hope others have more to make me feel better !
There is;
3 x Kangol
2 x Christys’
2 x Coal Headwear
1 x Harris Tweed
1 x CTH Ericsson of Sweden
1 x Hills Hats of NZ
1 x No Brand Copy Australian Baggy Green
1 x No Name Brand
All except the Baggy Green are op shop pick ups from over many years varying from AUD4 to AUD15, I’ve passed on many caps over the time, my criteria is a good brand name, wool (no modern synthetics here!) and in near new condition, I have been surprised over time the tat that some op shops put out for sale!
D424C1A0-739D-492F-8D59-F8DC193F0F11.jpeg

These all get regular outings so none sit idle for very long, I don’t have a real favourite but the Ericsson of Sweden one has great colours, fold down ear flaps and feels warm and comfortable in winter!
Come on let me know how many flat caps you’ve got hidden away in your wardrobe!
Now to get ready to watch the AFL First Preliminary Final …
Cheers!

Okay I decided to lay out my flat caps for a stocktake…twelve, I hope others have more to make me feel better !
There is;
3 x Kangol
2 x Christys’
2 x Coal Headwear
1 x Harris Tweed
1 x CTH Ericsson of Sweden
1 x Hills Hats of NZ
1 x No Brand Copy Australian Baggy Green
1 x No Name Brand
All except the Baggy Green are op shop pick ups from over many years varying from AUD4 to AUD15, I’ve passed on many caps over the time, my criteria is a good brand name, wool (no modern synthetics here!) and in near new condition, I have been surprised over time the tat that some op shops put out for sale!
View attachment 639407
These all get regular outings so none sit idle for very long, I don’t have a real favourite but the Ericsson of Sweden one has great colours, fold down ear flaps and feels warm and comfortable in winter!
Come on let me know how many flat caps you’ve got hidden away in your wardrobe!
Now to get ready to watch the AFL First Preliminary Final …
Cheers!
I have but a dozen, most are tweed, custom made by AmiCharnel (alas he has passed away). But as we still have sun here they are packed away for another month or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philheaton