Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Rise Jeans

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I tried elastic shoulder strap suspender whatever you call it with simple clip on to the pants, and I dislike it right away, there is this weird connection between shoulder movement and the waist of the pants, you re reaching up and the pants riding up as well, and also it renders the chest pocket of your shirt to be useless

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Got a couple of pairs of Pike Bros braces / suspenders that I will occasionally wear with a belt & completely undermine the point :)

Cocker

Practically Family
Being Irish and living in London, you and I both speak the same language on this one. ;)

I do remember dear Eric's sock suspenders; I have a few pairs myself. I'm too lazy for them most days, but for special occasions they're a nice detail.
I think the day I use sock suspenders, my wife will laugh so hard that I'll probably be thrown back into virginity, and will never approach her until the end of her days... :D

Edward

Bartender
I think the day I use sock suspenders, my wife will laugh so hard that I'll probably be thrown back into virginity, and will never approach her until the end of her days... :D

It's odd how they became such a staple of comedy from at least the 70s onwards, maybe earlier, most commonly stage farce involving someone (often a philanderer) losing their trousers. If Hugh Jackman started wearing them, of course, they'd be all the rage again!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
It's odd how they became such a staple of comedy from at least the 70s onwards, maybe earlier, most commonly stage farce involving someone (often a philanderer) losing their trousers. If Hugh Jackman started wearing them, of course, they'd be all the rage again!
socks.jpg
They were indeed the butt of comedy, although the humour had to be contrived. Looking at the above photo my guess would be that to stop them slipping down they would need to be fastened tight enough to impinge blood flow.
Somehow they seem pointless, socks are self supporting, my own are all natural fibres yet always remain in place. Synthetic fabric have a good stretch quality but lack absorption and smelly feet are right up there with stinky breath and armpits that could easily give a pesticide a run for it's money.

Will someone please explain something to me? I read on a lot of jeans forums and threads, and sometimes on here, people talking about higher rise jeans and wearing their jeans up high. I've never really gotten this as my jeans, no matter how high, low, or medium the rise measurement is, want to rest at the same spot on my waist, which is just below my little paunch.

Flyback-Jeans-02_600x.jpg

To get the thread back on track, I found a good close up of high rise jeans, but I don't recall ever seeing them worn.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymatmar