Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hidden in Plain Schott: the 613SH Perfecto

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Jerri at Schott sent measurements for the Bicep area on the sleeves for the 613s a size 42 has a 14.5” round and a size 44 has a 15” round
With this leather can I expect some stretch on the bicep area ?
For those with a 42 and a 44 curious after some wear how yours measures vs the Schott measurements
Thanks for the help again very much !
Jay
My size 44 jacket is probably about a year old. I do wear it riding a motorcycle so it may get a little extra work in the shoulders and arms. The bicep measurement that I gave of at least 16 inches was done on the outside of the jacket (across the bicep part of the sleeve x2). Perhaps Jerri’s number is an internal measurement. It sounds a little small. Are you worried about your pipes fitting in this model jacket?

Jaymig926

Familiar Face
My arms at the biggest area are about 15 1/2” to 16”
I have a RMC j24 in a 42 a schott 619 and 121 in a large and a double helix western pioneer in a 44.
most of my jackets are about 23 chest and 18 to 19 shoulder.
I like the 613s or sh vs the regular 613 because of the longer length front and maybe getting another horse hide. My j24 definitely stretched out some so thinking if I do the 613sh in a 44 the arms will work. I’ll Make a trip to schott next week and try them on I’m in nyc Appreciate everyone’s help! This forum is the best !
Jay

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My arms at the biggest area are about 15 1/2” to 16”
I have a RMC j24 in a 42 a schott 619 and 121 in a large and a double helix western pioneer in a 44.
most of my jackets are about 23 chest and 18 to 19 shoulder.
I like the 613s or sh vs the regular 613 because of the longer length front and maybe getting another horse hide. My j24 definitely stretched out some so thinking if I do the 613sh in a 44 the arms will work. I’ll Make a trip to schott next week and try them on I’m in nyc Appreciate everyone’s help! This forum is the best !
Jay

If your 619 is in Large then I would think your size in the 613SH is 44.

But you'll see for yourself in store.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
If your 619 is in Large then I would think your size in the 613SH is 44.

But you'll see for yourself in store.

I agree.

I Dolores at similar measurements (23“ P2P, 19“ shoulders) and have a 44 as well. The 613SH in 44 has a 24“ P2P but as said before, this kind off ‚wears away‘.

Aloysius

I was at the LA Schott store yesterday to try on the 618HH in the new thicker horsehide (feels identical to the hide on the 613SH), and discovered that both jackets seem to run a size smaller now.

Where the 618HH ran slightly bigger than the 613SH (due to the underarm footballs and slightly wider shoulders) at the same size, I could not even zip up a size 42 618HH; meanwhile the size 44 in both jackets wore identically to my size 42 613SH.

Still love this jacket but I thought this note might be helpful for people shopping it now.

RJD257

New in Town
I was at the LA Schott store yesterday to try on the 618HH in the new thicker horsehide (feels identical to the hide on the 613SH), and discovered that both jackets seem to run a size smaller now.

Where the 618HH ran slightly bigger than the 613SH (due to the underarm footballs and slightly wider shoulders) at the same size, I could not even zip up a size 42 618HH; meanwhile the size 44 in both jackets wore identically to my size 42 613SH.

Still love this jacket but I thought this note might be helpful for people shopping it now.
#Appreciate You @Aloysius keeping us ALL up to date with the ever-sliding scale of Schott sizes!

I did "bite the bullet" and take advantage of Schott's once-in-a-year Black Friday deals to get a 618HH at the end of 2023.
I even ordered your "first love" - the 613SH due to your excellent detailed posts about the (then) size & pattern differences between the two, so I could see which fit my body the best, and noticed the difference in hides myself between the two jackets.

I wound up keeping the 618HH (...despite the underarm footballs which I abhor...) but had to go to the ridiculous size 46, when I normally wear a suit size between 40-42. I then went' through a multi-week / multi-month process of breaking it in, and softening/expanding some areas of the jacket, while shrinking/contracting others to fit my personal body (...including burying it in the snow for a day...) Still owe the community those pix ! Here's a teaser from February. The rest are coming - promise!

It makes no sense to me why a company that prides itself, and spends thousands it not millions a year on its legacy & iconic invention of the zipper, and Double Rider/Lancer Front Motorcycle Jacket changes its patterns every couple of years, and does silly things like reversing the direction the zippers open/close in. I understand that (almost) the entire country has gotten "bigger" (to be polite) then we were in the 1950's, but many/most of their changes seem to be on a whim, and not thought out with the consideration due to a "legacy" brand/product.

Rich

Attachments

• IMG_9391.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:

newtojackets

Practically Family

Do you have any photos of what the jacket looks like now?

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the update Aloysius! I’m going to be down in New Haven Connecticut at the beginning of next week and may attempt a swing over to Schott. I wish their premier party for The Motorcyle Riders movie was Monday instead of Tuesday night. If I make it over, I’ll comment my thoughts on the pattern tweaks that you meantioned.

For the record, my 613sh is breaking in beautifully. Put a lot of miles on the bike so far this season but we’re kind of getting to vest weather. Bought like a 30 year old Perfecto vest that had never been worn. Stiff as cardboard with creases that were actually hard to unfold. I think it had been in a drawer or something. Quite a project breaking that one in. With Schott’s involvement doing some of the wardrobe stuff for the biker movie, I’m hoping we’ll see the return of the Perfecto vest and maybe a few other offerings with that old school vibe.

Jaymig926

Familiar Face
Finally going to Schott nyc next week
Aiming to pick up the 613sh
For those with it how much of the shine has diminished over time ?
Thanks again for the help

Aloysius

If you want the shine to go away, I would not get the 613SH (although I would suggest you approach it with an open mind because the way the shine turns into this rich glimmer as the grain pops is beautiful).

But if you really can't stand shine, ask to see the 613S. Same jacket, but in a matte steerhide.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

I guess you can beat the shine out of it by abusing the jacket, but other than that the hide is pretty shiny.
Top picture is straight out of the box, bottom picture is after nine months of moderate use.

IMG_5924.jpeg
IMG_8361.jpeg

Aloysius

My size 44 jacket is probably about a year old. I do wear it riding a motorcycle so it may get a little extra work in the shoulders and arms. The bicep measurement that I gave of at least 16 inches was done on the outside of the jacket (across the bicep part of the sleeve x2). Perhaps Jerri’s number is an internal measurement. It sounds a little small. Are you worried about your pipes fitting in this model jacket?

After trying on the jackets, your post now makes sense to me.

The sizing has changed; the new 44 fits identically to my 42.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
After trying on the jackets, your post now makes sense to me.

The sizing has changed; the new 44 fits identically to my 42.
Are the new sizes simply off in the way that the 118 vs. 618 are or have they made changes to the actual cut of the jacket? I love my Schotts, but in a perfect world they’d have a little more drop to the bottom hem. I wish they’d take one of the Perfecto models and give it an old school V cut (4 or 5 inch drop would be awesome).

Aloysius

Are the new sizes simply off in the way that the 118 vs. 618 are or have they made changes to the actual cut of the jacket? I love my Schotts, but in a perfect world they’d have a little more drop to the bottom hem. I wish they’d take one of the Perfecto models and give it an old school V cut (4 or 5 inch drop would be awesome).

The current Perfectos have the same ≈ 4 (slightly more on the S/SH) inch drop as the vintage models actually. They were never a super sharp V.

I didn’t measure so I’m not sure if it’s sized down or cut differently now. I think the new 618HH might be both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB123