Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERITAGE grade Akubra Campdraft in Silver Belly Campaign

Brando11

A-List Customer
Oh Yeah! Terrific looking hat- and I like that color a lot! That Silverbelly has a bit more silver to it than the Stetson. I have a 25 as well; I wear it a lot but it is more towards the tan side and I was hoping the Akubra would be like this.

Thx-
-Brando

Harry Gooch

One of the Regulars
Wondering if anyone who has this hat on order already has a Camp Draft Imperial quality in Silver Belly. Wondering if we'll be able to get a side by side comparison, particularly in the same photo, to better judge the color and see if they are actually the same shade or a bit different...

Likewise!

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I'm still at the office, but I understand that my CD has been delivered to my house.

Today, I was reminded how great it is to live in a small town. About eleven, my paralegal came into court and told me that my mail person had just called. He told her he had a package for me "from way out in Australia" that needed to be signed for. He knew I was at work...and didn't want to bother me...but wanted to know if he should just go ahead and sign for the package himself and leave it in my garage.

I'll swear, sometimes its just like living in Mayberry.:)

AF

jkingrph

Practically Family
Mine came in today, the wife brought the box back and said "another hat"!!

I promptly unpacked in and formed a semi teardrop bash with a pinch. I do like this color, it's more tan than I thought it would be, thinking more of the Stetson Silverbelly which strikes me as a light bright grey.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I work in New Bern but get my mail through the Pollocksville post office. I actually live in the country between Pollocksville and Trenton.

AF

Sounds terrific AF. I had my Postmaster call me last week because I had not come into the PO for two days and she was worried something had happened. In a town of 350 it isn't that uncommon but in the "city"..unheard of.

DougC

Practically Family
My hat was delivered this morning at my office. But, I was out and they dropped it at other suite...and that tenant opened the box!!! On a positive note, he loved the hat. So do I! Not the same color as any of my Open Roads. The felt is thicker than any of my Open Roads. And, the felt is VERY NICE! The crown is large and I think this might be my go to hat!

Lastmohecken

Familiar Face
Mine came today. I had warned my wife to watch for the mailperson, and be sure and answer the door, because I figured they might have to have a signature, but she said she didn't have to sign for it. We live in the country, and on a box this big, they will actually cross my cattle guard and drive all of the way to the house, to deliver, as my mail box is out on the county road.

Nice hat, great quality, but I am having a problem deciding how to crease it. It's so nice, I almost hate to bash it. However, it looks like I will have to use the Roy Roger's method and put a little water on it, to shape it, but I hate to even do that. I am sure I will though, before the night is over.

It's funny how computer pictures vary. Some of these I have seen were pretty close to the Stetson Silver Belly, but mine is a darker tan, and more closely matches my 5X Stetson cowboy in Ranch Tan, then my Stetson 25. But that's find, as I like the color, and it probably won't show dirt as bad as a lighter Silver Belly.

Last edited:

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Well, I just got home and opened my new package. Let me tell y'all...you will not be disappointed. Without doubt, this is the nicest new hat I have ever owned. Here are some of my first impressions:

Akubra didn't skimp...the size runs large. I'll bet my new hat measures in at a full 7 3/4 as opposed to 7 5/8 (61) tagged size. But no worries...I expect the new hat to shrink to my head, as have my other four Akubras.

To my eye, the color is very close to that of my silverbelly Imperial CD, but my eye has never been worth a damn at discerning subtle shades of color. Sorry.

The felt is very smooth and more dense than that of my Imperial CD. I believe that the Heritage actually weighs a bit more than the Imperial, but the differnence, if any, is very slight.

The sweat is wider than the Imperial's...but not quite as wide as that of a 'fifties Stetson. Still, I think the wider sweat gives the Heritage that "vintage look" that many of us love.

Here are some photos. Of course, I didn't get home until almost dark, so I had to use a flash. Also, while the Heritage is just out of its box, the Imperial has two years of frequent wear under its belt, however that may affect its color.

Picture074.jpg

Picture072.jpg

Picture076.jpg

AF

T Rick

Practically Family
AF, thanks for the side by side pics, just what I was looking for! Great looking hats (both), can't wait to see mine!

Mine is here too! Well, not exactly "here", but at my home. I'm working and staying 85 miles from home, and will have to wait until Friday to see it (unless I get laid off earlier than I expect, it could happen). But the person I share the house with called me and let me know it got there today (I'd told her to watch for it and asked her to let me know when it arrived... now, I almost wish I hadn't!).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe