Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERITAGE grade Akubra Campdraft in Silver Belly Campaign

James71

A-List Customer
Dropped in

I dropped into the Hattery on saturday morning for breakfast and asked about the Heritage Grade CDs. They are expected this week. As soon as they come in I will check them out.

:D

James71

A-List Customer
So... I got to fondle one of the new heritage grade CDs today and I've got to say they are very nice indeed.

If I didn't already have a silverbelly cd I would have bought one on the spot.

You won't be disappointed.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks James :).

Heritage felt is nice and dense, if my Lightning Ridge is anything to judge by. These should turn out to be very nice hats.

jkingrph

Practically Family
I sent an e mail about a week ago and Jenny replied they would be very soon. I had had problems with my credit card that I posted the deposit with, so had communicated some months ago with her about that. I will have to use a new account # as I came home and found about $600 worth of fraudlent charges. The carrier reversed them no questions asked as I had been with them for over 35 years and issued a new card, while canceling the old one. I am just waiting on the notice as how to post the final charges.

Brando11

A-List Customer
Hey James- Thanks for the heads-up. Any chance you could post a quick photo for those of us who are waiting patiently?

Thx-
-Brando

James71

A-List Customer
Sorry Brando, I didnt take any pics. :-( I didnt think to and I am rehearsing all day today for a gig on Wednesday night.

The lovely ladies in the Hattery indicated that the new CDs will begin to be sent out on Monday. (tomorrow - Its sunday morning here now)

If you guys are happy with these ones would anyone be interested in a run of heritage grade squatters in Willow Green?

Just throwing it out there....

Last edited:

Seth Hawkins

One of the Regulars
Either way, I want one. I think a Fed IV in Silverbelly would be awesome. It shouldn't be that hard for Akubra to make it happen. Seems they could just put a wider ribbon on a Camp Draft, and trim the brim. Getting it in a Heritage felt would be a nice bonus, but I'd snap one up in Imperial grade without hesitating. They could even leave the wind trolley on it.

Either way, I want one. I think a Fed IV in Silverbelly would be awesome. It shouldn't be that hard for Akubra to make it happen. Seems they could just put a wider ribbon on a Camp Draft, and trim the brim. Getting it in a Heritage felt would be a nice bonus, but I'd snap one up in Imperial grade without hesitating. They could even leave the wind trolley on it.

A Fed4 is a different block & flange than a CD. Dimensional brim, crown height... a lot more than ribbon treatments separate these 2 models.
I am having a bound edge & a mid-ribbon alterations to a Moonstone Fed4 because Akubra does not offer a Moonstone Campdaft. Lots of folks have added wider ribbons to CD's.

EggHead

Practically Family
A Fed4 is a different block & flange than a CD. Dimensional brim, crown height... a lot more than ribbon treatments separate these 2 models.
I am having a bound edge & a mid-ribbon alterations to a Moonstone Fed4 because Akubra does not offer a Moonstone Campdaft. Lots of folks have added wider ribbons to CD's.

Which one has a higher crown? FED4? Which one has a fuller crown? I am asking because I tried redoing crowns on my Akubras but ran into real estate problems, there was just not enough felt to do what I wanted. (I don't have fed or cd)

Which one has a higher crown? FED4? Which one has a fuller crown? I am asking because I tried redoing crowns on my Akubras but ran into real estate problems, there was just not enough felt to do what I wanted. (I don't have fed or cd)

The Campdraft has the higher open crown compared to the 2 Imperial Fed4's that I have had. The CD takes a teardrop or diamond much deeper than a Fed4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe