Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

Charlie, Richard - great shirts, great contributions.

Charlie that one's pretty out of this world!

Richard - as Mike pointed out,Japanese and Asian theme shirts are a longstanding tradition in Hawaii. There is a significant population there of Asian heritage, and it is a popular vacation destination for Japanese. I personally have kind of a thing for the classic Asian design ones.

Last edited:

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks folks - the shirt is a bit of a hybrid - the cut is based on a 1970's UK prison shirt, but made out of Japanese fabric. The company (Garbstore) did one in a blue colourway, but sadly I've not been able to track one down in my size.

GregNYC

One Too Many
In recent years in Honolulu, I'd say that most tourists are Japanese. Many if not most shop assistants on Kalakaua Ave (the main drag) speak Japanese. I'd love to have an Aloha shirt made from colorful kimono fabric, as in days of yore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregNYC

One Too Many
Kahala w/ Biltmore President

hawaiian+Biltmore.jpg

Then changed to Ni'i Fashions and Optimo

nii shirt+optimo hat.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
Tula 4" brim Western + Kalaheo Flying Tigers Aloha. Odd combo, but right before my hike I had a family brunch!

62718ffab635b97ad00d7643b3b7cdce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Mike schooled me on these vintage inspired shirts

My Sidekick & I sporting Avanti silk repops & vintage Panamas
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv6%3C27%3Dot%3E7%3A77%3D487%3D34%3B%3DXROQDF%3E28662%3C8%3A7725%3Aot1lsi
:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe