Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

Charlie, that flamingo shirt is it!! Very nice!
Embroidered Hill Hattie and Dunhill straw

3asuvure.jpg

A t-shirt under a Hawaiian shirt? It must not have been that hot there. :p

I am wearing my black Hilo Hattie shirt today with white hibiscus flowers and pineapples. :p Quite a subdued pattern. :D
Oh and the hat is a Open weave crown Vintage Silhouettes.

Good to see you makin' the scene Zombie! Very cool pairing. I like the map design. Cool skull ring too.
Glad you guys had a good trip.

Lando

Practically Family
Been away a while. Good to see you boys have kept the thread going, sporting some great shirts and hats. Figured it was high time I stopped in and did an image drop.

Cane's Creations Bone Western Weight with a snazzy aquarium shirt lol.
14552703967_3b7470be72_c.jpg

Different day, same Cane's Creations fedora, different fun shirt.
14736794314_7b977c7a1f_c.jpg

One last view of that Cane Fedora with the Navy ribbon. Went away on a trip. Ended up going for a blue theme. Thought it was hilarious having this bone fedora matching up with all these different blue themed hawaiians lol.
14552527109_f335a7a2aa_c.jpg

Walking Storm King Sculpture park in a nice Sunbody Sam Houston and an old trusty Tommy Bahama. Never was a fan of the palm hats but I really love those Sunbody hats. Built like tanks.
14559283398_1a25545e7a_c.jpg

A good old Beaverbrand hat with a custom woven band, coupled with a nice Alohaland and a very sleepy little girl.
14559333350_b03a5381e3_c.jpg

My great Silverbelly Buck Buckaroo with, what feels to me, a very basic Hawaiian. But that shirt and hat got me in to the local Children's Zoo for free that day. They liked the way I looked lol.
14743385891_eca7c96e59_c.jpg

And that's me. Living the whimsy. Good to see I'm not alone lol.

Good to see you here Al and nice combo. Must be a bad relative in the background ;)
Thank you Sir! The obscured gent in the background is somehow related to my wife; I blurred his face because I didn't get permission to post his image online. I doubt he'd ever find out, but...well, I'm kinda' funny that way, respecting other people's privacy and such. I don't recall meeting him (at the picnic where the photo was taken) so I have not idea whether he's good or bad. lol

Good to see you makin' the scene Zombie! Very cool pairing. I like the map design. Cool skull ring too.
Glad you guys had a good trip.
Thank you Sir! The skull ring is based on the one Keith Richards has been wearing for decades, but the details are more simplified. The same jeweler makes a more exact replica, but I liked this one more (obviously). And yes, we had a GREAT trip!

I do have a few other Hawaiian shirts, and I should probably get around to posting photos of them one of these days, but I'm really more of a tee shirt kind of guy so I'm still trying to get used to them. Hawaiian shirts look perfectly at home on guys like you, Lando, and 1mach1, but I'm not yet convinced they look right on me. lol

Last edited:

Macbeth

One of the Regulars
I'm enjoying the shirt/fedora combos. So much I went on the bay and picked up a couple of used Tommy Bahamas and a couple of Cubaveras. I like the Tommie's a lot.
Am now waiting for my Panama being made in Ecuador to match them.

My question: what's the protocol on t - shirts. V neck ( to keep from sweating up the shirt) or no t-shirt?

I see most of you don't wear one. And looks great.

Your thoughts these days?

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Welcome to the Lounge Macbeth. I think tee shirts are a personal choice. I always wear a V-neck under my Aloha shirts and would call it almost necessary with vintage silk or rayon shirts. Modern silks and blends may be a different story though.

Went to breakfast this morning sporting this resort Tori Richards "Lawn Cotton" shirt and BSHW pandora

Welcome to the Lounge Macbeth. I think tee shirts are a personal choice...
I concur. I generally don't wear a tee shirt under my Hawaiian shirts because I wear them in warmer weather and a tee shirt would only increase the discomfort caused by the heat. That said, none of my Hawaiian shirts are vintage or made from particularly fragile materials so I don't feel the need to protect them from perspiration.

Looking sharp Mike, and I agree, t-shirts under rayon or silk, to keep from sweating them up real bad. Sometimes a T-shirt or wifebeater under one unbuttoned, too, to get a little more mileage out of some of my older ones that have, um..."shrunk a little".

Macbeth

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys!
Dh66: I can really see the idea of a t shirt under a "slightly small" shirt to actually get to wear it

In fact, 2 of my shirts are pretty "form fitting." My wife says, " I think the buttons are pulling at the top of the chest."
I said NO! That's how they are supposed to fit!

I concur. I generally don't wear a tee shirt under my Hawaiian shirts because I wear them in warmer weather and a tee shirt would only increase the discomfort caused by the heat. That said, none of my Hawaiian shirts are vintage or made from particularly fragile materials so I don't feel the need to protect them from perspiration.

Exactly! The reason you are wearng a Hawaiian shirt is because it is hot. Don't defeat its purpose right off hand. :p
Then again, I HATE t-shirts---wih printing or without. They make me feel like a kid when I wear them. If it doesn't button down, I don't wear it. :p

Just enough Aloha showing to qualify for this thread. This one is about thirty years old (like me...:rolleyes:) Wearing my Peters Bros. moth-eaten favorite.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82