Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

rogueclimber

A-List Customer
A charcoal margarita at Charcoal Venice

IMG_0756.jpeg

Wearing my Busted Hats original @Darrell2688

It was a Lager HH, first with a couple pints of Gold Tooth German Leichtbier brewed by Perennial Artisan Ales, St. Louis, MO @ 4% ABV. I usually like Perennial Artisan brews but this one was just too mild; Gatorade mild.

IMG_0957.jpeg

IMG_0956.jpeg

A switch to Crispy Cat American Lager for comparison. Brewed by Fat Orange Cat Brew Co, North Haven, CT @ 5.2% ABV. I liked this one a lot.

IMG_0960.jpeg

IMG_0958.jpeg

IMG_0962.jpeg

And a plate of the best chicken nachos around. Grilled breast meat sliced instead of the usual shredded trimmings. The Green Chile Ale would have pared well with the nachos.

IMG_0961.jpeg

The hot weather is supposed to break in another day. Time to get out from under straw & under some felt.

TGIFHH started out under my VS Playboy clone in BlueSmoke with my first couple of Oktoberfests of the season brewed by Bierstadt Lagerhaus, Denver, CO @ 5.6% ABV. Tastes of mild caramel, toffee, raisins & dates, stone fruit. Crisp. I liked it a lot if you can find it. My kind of German style beer.

IMG_0965.jpeg

Then home to open the holiday weekend with some 18 yr old Longmorn Single Malt Scotch Whisky bottled by First Editions. Used in my fav blends from long ago Longmorn gets bought up by the blenders & can be hard to find as a single malt. Still ranks high among my fav Speyside’s. To be enjoyed with a meerschaum pipe with an Amber stem that was my dad’s, filled with some Scottish Woods pipe tobacco.

IMG_0966.jpeg

IMG_0967.jpeg

IMG_0968.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
i-C8mM5q3-M.jpg

The above is a collage of some pics from the last week or so. I have been working on finishing some Founders All Day IPA and All Day IPA Grapefruit out of my beer fridge. I did make an opportunity to sip some Ardbeg Uigeadail. The recent posts of Gary and Jacks spirit adventures are the inspiration for re-opening this fav Ardbeg whiskey.

Cheers, Eric -

Today brought a couple Oktoberfests by Toppling Goliath Brewing Co, Decorah, IA brewed @ 5.2% ABV. At once I noticed the lighter color from most Oktoberfests. Smooth & drinkable but a very thin mouthfeel & lacking in Malt, biscuit & honey flavors common to German Oktoberfests. Disappointing.

IMG_0969.jpeg

After a bowl of spicy Cajun pasta it was time for some Green Chile Ale posted up thread, by Main & Martin. A growler of this with chips & queso / salsa would be perfect as the NFL season opens.

IMG_0973.jpeg

IMG_0974.jpeg

IMG_0971.jpeg

IMG_0970.jpeg

All witnessed by a Stetson One-hundred.

20240831_183908.jpg
20240831_182729.jpg

Tanqueray and tonic before the steak hit the table at the High Point in Monteagle, TN. This place was once a prominent residents home where supposedly Al Capone would lay low on trips in between Chicago and Miami.
20240831_164941.jpg

Back at the hotel afterwards sampling some whiskey from Uncle Nearest. I learned about it a few years ago on a visit to the Jack Daniels distillery but hadn't had much luck finding it back home. Thankful for the local dollar store so I didn't have to drink it out of those plastic hotel room cups. The hat for the evening was a Dobbs Golden Coach.

Today brought a couple Oktoberfests by Toppling Goliath Brewing Co, Decorah, IA brewed @ 5.2% ABV. At once I noticed the lighter color from most Oktoberfests. Smooth & drinkable but a very thin mouthfeel & lacking in Malt, biscuit & honey flavors common to German Oktoberfests. Disappointing.

View attachment 636618

After a bowl of spicy Cajun pasta it was time for some Green Chile Ale posted up thread, by Main & Martin. A growler of this with chips & queso / salsa would be perfect as the NFL season opens.

View attachment 636615
View attachment 636614
View attachment 636616
View attachment 636617

All witnessed by a Stetson One-hundred.
Me, whenever I see a Hundred (or most any hat) near food and drink.
1725398715322.jpeg

I myself do have a few hats that such conditions could only improve them......

That’s me, whenever I hear of someone cutting down a brim or sweatband on a rare hat.
Yep, that too.....and of course, "re-sizing" them which often involves cutting both mentioned and then coupled with a re-blocking which often changes the crown depth and brim width and completely destroys the integrity of the original.
:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HvdB