Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

This weekend is also Boulevardia, an annual event sponsored by Boulevard Brewing.

IMG_6075.jpeg

Bulldogger American Lager brewed by Stockyards Brewing Co., KCMO @ 4.7% ABV. Had I known I would encounter such a Lager on the Missouri Craft Brewers Guild month I would have worn my Moore Hat Co Bulldogger doctor’s hat. But on this hot afternoon I chose a Stetson Shantung OR 10X.

IMG_0511.jpeg

IMG_0512.jpeg

IMG_0510.jpeg

IMG_0513.jpeg

Nutty & floral tasting with a touch of camomile perhaps. I would only rate it @ 3 -3.5 / 5.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Last evening's 2.4 " (6cm's) of rain has this morning very humid and it is starting to get hot (high's today nearing 88'f (31'c)). I have consumed a couple glasses of cold brew and a Founders Mortal Bloom IPA before 9:30 am. Granted it is my normal to enjoy a beer when working the grill, but the beer went down easily. Almost too easily. I am switching for the next round of yard chores to ice tea.

i-wM67nZJ-M.jpg

I do like the Founders Mortal Bloom. The intense citrus flavors are balanced well by the more moderate IPA hopy tastes. A well balanced seasonal beer. I have consumed a lot of IPA's and either my tastes are dulled or this is more moderate. Today I am going with moderate. Choosing a beer is weather and situational for me. Moral Bloom hit the spot, the right spot this morning.

i-LsdhDM9-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

The Shoe

One Too Many
Last evening's 2.4 " (6cm's) of rain has this morning very humid and it is starting to get hot (high's today nearing 88'f (31'c)). I have consumed a couple glasses of cold brew and a Founders Mortal Bloom IPA before 9:30 am. Granted it is my normal to enjoy a beer when working the grill, but the beer went down easily. Almost too easily. I am switching for the next round of yard chores to ice tea.

i-wM67nZJ-M.jpg

I do like the Founders Mortal Bloom. The intense citrus flavors are balanced well by the more moderate IPA hopy tastes. A well balanced seasonal beer. I have consumed a lot of IPA's and either my tastes are dulled or this is more moderate. Today I am going with moderate. Choosing a beer is weather and situational for me. Moral Bloom hit the spot, the right spot this morning.

i-LsdhDM9-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Not sure what’s happening. I can’t see any of your photos on this page or WHAYWT. Not on the iPhone, not on the iPad. It seems that others can. This happened once before.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Not sure what’s happening. I can’t see any of your photos on this page or WHAYWT. Not on the iPhone, not on the iPad. It seems that others can. This happened once before.
Oh man, that is terrible news. I use a file/pic sharing service, SmugMug. They have been secure and reliable for well over a decade. Gary if you believe it is a problem on my end please yell. I can contact the service for assistance.

I checked the file sharing gallery and folder settings. The settings are the same as. I have used for years. The folder the pics come from has been active for many months. I am not sure I can assist. Suggestions?

Eric -

The Shoe

One Too Many
Oh man, that is terrible news. I use a file/pic sharing service, SmugMug. They have been secure and reliable for well over a decade. Gary if you believe it is a problem on my end please yell. I can contact the service for assistance.

I checked the file sharing gallery and folder settings. The settings are the same as. I have used for years. The folder the pics come from has been active for many months. I am not sure I can assist. Suggestions?

Eric -
Further update. On my home network, I can’t see your photos. If I turn off wifi, I can see them. This only happens with your photos, and no one else’s.
This is what I see…
IMG_2297.png

If I leave it a really long time, I get this…
IMG_2296.png

Further update. On my home network, I can’t see your photos. If I turn off wifi, I can see them. This only happens with your photos, and no one else’s.
This is what I see…
View attachment 621554
If I leave it a really long time, I get this…
View attachment 621553
Another idea could be some sort of firewall type issue. since Eric’s photos are stored on a different server, your home network could be taking issue with it.

@Short Balding Guy … the lounge‘s server hosts images directly now and seems to work pretty well. Might save you that extra step unless you just prefer to host them remotely.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Another idea could be some sort of firewall type issue. since Eric’s photos are stored on a different server, your home network could be taking issue with it.

@Short Balding Guy … the lounge‘s server hosts images directly now and seems to work pretty well. Might save you that extra step unless you just prefer to host them remotely.

Joe; My hosting the pics is for my peace of mind. Early on I found some of pics uploaded to the lounge's server shared around the web. It is not a perfect solution, but I believe in helping keep honest people honest. Nefarious are nefarious. I am warned often by my family, who work in law enforcement, not to post at all. everything in balance. Cheers tonight.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Joe; My hosting the pics is for my peace of mind. Early on I found some of pics uploaded to the lounge's server shared around the web. It is not a perfect solution, but I believe in helping keep honest people honest. Nefarious are nefarious. I am warned often by my family, who work in law enforcement, not to post at all. everything in balance. Cheers tonight.
Pictures showing up on home network today!

The Shoe

One Too Many
When we drink a good beer, we usually go for Spiegelau glasses. Like a good wine glass, they accentuate the aromas of the beer.
IMG_2302.jpeg

But much of the time, I settle for cheap, not so tasty beer. Good glasses accentuate the lack of flavour, and seem to make them taste worse. In that case, I go for this handmade wood kiln fired beer cup. It creates a really pleasing creamy head.
IMG_2301.jpeg

I had the cheap one first, before Etsuko joined me for the quality one.
We’ve entered the rainy season, so the polypropylene Akubra Capricorn is getting lots of wear.
IMG_2304.jpeg

Later in the evening, we enjoyed some bourbon, Japanese whisky, and Scotch.
IMG_2306.jpeg
IMG_2308.jpeg
IMG_2314.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth