Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Happy National Tequila Day!

Calls for some rare Tequila Ocho Widow Jane Bourbon aged Reposado, & a fine Optimo. The Widow Jane casks give the Reposado just a slight bit of champagne color.

IMG_7621.jpeg

IMG_7622.jpeg

IMG_7623.jpeg

IMG_7624.jpeg

IMG_3068.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
The past couple days I have enjoyed an evening treat of Omni Pilsner.

i-sXfDsVN-M.jpg

I am certainly speaking to folks much more experienced at this than me, but darn it has been hot here in Minnesota. The last days have been highs in the mid 90's with humidity.

Uncomfortable - yes. My work environment is warm as the air conditioner units struggle to cool 40,000 sq. ft. I will no doubt blink hard when I see the electric bill. Setting the temp controls to 75'f have made the day/nights tolerable. After 7:00am-8:30pm days I feel drained from the heat. Yes I know that I can take comfort that temps never really raise above 80'f, but I and fellow staff and athletes get whooped by the heat. I know that it is my task to be tough and demonstrate tough. But tonight I opened 6 watermelons for staff and athletes before finishing the evening. A reward for being tough, at least in Minnesota definition of heat tough. Tommorow, Thursday will be the warmest day. I am thinking of something special for tommorow. A water ballon fight/throw? Perhaps.

I am in awe to all of the folks who work days in this heat and humidity. I know many of you deal with this frequently. I am new to the heat and humidity. I miss the cold and snow. You folks are tough. Tougher than me.

I really have enjoyed a "cool" one.

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I just can not bring myself to a Scotch Whiskey on the NSWD. I had originally planned to tribute by pouring a dram. Today was our hottest day of the year. I am whooped from the day/evening and definitely feeling the effects of a warm day. A Surley pilsner beer is my choice this evening. I will have some cold shrimp salad and call it an early night.

i-PtcXpCm-M.jpg

Cheers to all you tough heat tested folks.

Best, Eric -

hambone71

Practically Family
Yesterday I enjoyed a Deschutes Fresh haze. Perfect on a warm Summer afternoon.

i-Rq9x5VL-M.jpg

This morning I have started the grill to barbecue 8 pounds of pork butt. I started by pouring a Surley Supreme. In 9 hours I will feast on tasty tender pork.

Cheers, Eric -
Sounds like a great Saturday! I hope you update this evening with photos of the finished pork product.....and whatever hat you're donning at the time.

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
Yesterday I enjoyed a Deschutes Fresh haze. Perfect on a warm Summer afternoon.

i-Rq9x5VL-M.jpg

This morning I have started the grill to barbecue 8 pounds of pork butt. I started by pouring a Surley Supreme. In 9 hours I will feast on tasty tender pork.

Cheers, Eric -
Colour me jealous. I love doing pork shoulder, but I’ve never come across a full sized bone-in cut here in Japan. Yours is about twice the size of what we get.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Here is a shot of a couple of pork butts I had on the pellet grill on the 4th!
No photo of my hat but rest assured I had one on!!! View attachment 535926

Mmmm good! When I see picks like this my mouth salivates. Congrats on the 4th eats!

I never discount the satisfying taste of filtered ice water with fresh ice cubes. Saturday evening I enjoyed a "drink" of ice water. I truly enjoyed imbibing the beverage. I have a "recipe" for ice cubes and a fancy cube tray. Perhaps today wpuld be a good opportunity to explore this.

i-jwxPFFs-M.jpg

This morning I had some brekafast oatmeal and a Surley Coffee Bender. The Bender is a brown ale with cold press "coffee aromatics and flavors added." Something is off with the coffee addition. I expected to taste a cold coffee flavor. The flavor was mild and something tasted forced. The beer was not a bad beer, but in the future I would select a brown ale offering ahead of this beer.

i-4NMm3Mv-M.jpg

I did open and enjoy sipping a Surley Pilsner to change the taste in my mouth.

Cheers, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philheaton