Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TWKundrat

Familiar Face
Yes, Drew places factory orders a few times a year. Minimum is 12 pieces per colour. Ask him if he still does that and ask to be contacted when he is about to place an order.
Ok thanks for the info. I would definitely be interested in those in the future. Might need to find someone who wants to split an order since I don't do much quantity.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I suggest you sew the brim first, struggle through it and then post your results. Then we can give you feedback on your work. I for one would never attempt to sew a brim binding by hand. I don't have that level of patience. Even sewing by machine it takes upwards of 90 minutes. Hand sewing perhaps double that. Will your customers be willing to pay that much of an upcharge for that amount of labour?
I sew all of my brim bindings by hand. Like Robert said, it takes a good level of patience and it's slow and back breaking work. Magnifying hobby glasses really help, and you have more control over where you put your stitches. With that said, I do have a nice sewing machine and if I was better at using one I would switch out the hand sewing for the machine.

Darrell2688

A-List Customer
The FEPSA 120G Rabbit and the 95G Beaver are nice to work with , the beaver has a soft silky feel and the hat is so comfortable to wear, you will forget that you are wearing a hat. I have a FEPSA Beaver in the Brown Sugar color with a dark brown hat band, Indiana Jones Raiders Style in size 7 3/8" on Ebay for sale and I may just keep the hat for myself then sell a Indy Raiders Style hat in chocolate color rabbit in 7 3/8" that I have not posted for sale yet. I purchased my rabbit and beaver from Pure Beaver after Robert told me about Pure Beaver, they also have Western weight felts in stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philheaton