Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hand gun ownership in the U.S.

How many HAND guns do you own?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to 5.

• 6 to 10.

• 11 to 25.

• 26 to 50, or more.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I got a drink at a restaurant without being asked for ID for the first time last night. Usually I get asked every single time.

I also have to admit I'm so lame I just had my first margarita, ever. It was pretty good... I didn't know they came so HUGE though. I coulda swam in it!

-Viola

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
The September of my years

Senator Jack said:
Now that's funny, Linc! How long did it take management to figure out its mistake?

When I was 17, it was a very good year.

In 1986, when I was 17, the drinking age was still 18. My Dad took me to Hawaii for the first time and I never got carded. Then when I turned 18 the next year and went to Hawaii after graduation they'd just let us in the bars, but they asked for ID, then we'd only be able to buy sodas.:mad: The clubs were 21 and over for a while then they started letting under 21 in with the wristband policy. That was in 1989. So it was probably 8-10 months before they figured out they were putting the bands on the wrong patrons.lol

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Lincsong said:
Can we see more pictures of guns that people own. I'd post mine but I have to find a digital camera.
Okay. This is mine.
WaltherP1002.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Lincsong said:
Can we see more pictures of guns that people own. I'd post mine but I have to find a digital camera.

Hey Lincsong, we also have another new thread in the Display Case entitled "boomsticks" where we're sharing pics of our firearms. Feel free to post your pics there too if you can find a camera.
Cheers!

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's a few. But I no longer have the Kahr 9mm. (left middle)

The upper pistol is my normal carry gun, a Colt LW Commander. The bottom two are for dress occasions.

100_0040web.jpg

A Few Of My Fav Shooter Handguns

100_0464.jpg

Top..Colt Python stainless 4" barrel .357 mag
S&W Mo. 629 stainless 3" barrel .44 mag
S&W Mo. 66 stainless 2 1/2" barrel .357 mag
S&W Mo. 60 stainless 2" barrel .38 SP
Left...(CarryGun) ParaOrdnance P-12 .45ACP
Right..Browning Hi Power 9MM
HD

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Lincsong said:
Nice looking piece there Danger.
Thanks, it's got everything that uncle Nick needs as it's military surplus.
These are readily available now. Gander Mountain stores have them for around 300 bucks. Maybe some other sporting goods stores have them too?

J.S.Udontknowme

A-List Customer
HoosierDaddy said:
100_0464.jpg

Top..Colt Python stainless 4" barrel .357 mag
S&W Mo. 629 stainless 3" barrel .44 mag
S&W Mo. 66 stainless 2 1/2" barrel .357 mag
S&W Mo. 60 stainless 2" barrel .38 SP
S&W Mo. 63 stainless 4" barrel .22 LR
Left...(CarryGun) ParaOrdnance P-12 .45ACP
Right..Browning Hi Power 9MM
HD

Very nice, I like stag grips but I don't have any. I sold a pair that I had on a model 36 several years ago. I wish I had kept them now.

The grips are Stag. First two are Stag fingergroove. Unfortunately carved fingergroove are now unavailable since early '90s. I tried to have them made for the others,later,to no avail...so went with regular Stag grips and added T grips behind revolver trigger guards. I have a few handguns with Ivory grips..which burnish from white to a nice butterscotch color...but my main collection is Stag.
Patton and John Wayne had Ivory grips!
Roy Rogers and Wild Bill wore Stag.
I'm a stagman...man!
HD

Thank you very much,CareBear!
It took me years of wheeling and dealing to complete my collection. It just so happened that the once prez of the Engravers Guild of America lived nearby....and I bartered other guns in my old Colt .45 collection for his engraving. Prob one of the top 10 engravers in the US....very deep engraving. A crotchity ole fellow whom I always made feel like he got the best end of the deal on the trade(hee hee). All the S&Ws were engraved by him to match. The Hi power was engraved by one of his proteges. The Python was factory engraved...and with a drawing of mine(Python snake) engraved on the side.
Fortunately with research and trading over the years..I never payed near retail for the guns or engraving. I kinda miss the challenge...but collecting firearms isn't the same as it used to be.....
HD

carebear

I guess you're in the "sit back and enjoy" phase now. :D

Real artwork. Those belong in the dictionary next to the term "barbeque gun".

(In the SW / Texas, a special, display-quality gun you wear to fancy events, like a big barbeque)

carebear said:
I guess you're in the "sit back and enjoy" phase now. :D

Real artwork. Those belong in the dictionary next to the term "barbeque gun".

(In the SW / Texas, a special, display-quality gun you wear to fancy events, like a big barbeque)

YesSir..you oughta see me in my double shoulder holster...two gun belt rig...outside ankle holster...and behind the back open carry...reflecting in the Hoosier sun during an Indiana pig roast! Everyone wears sunglasses till the sun goes down.:D
HD

carebear

HoosierDaddy said:
YesSir..you oughta see me in my double shoulder holster...two gun belt rig...outside ankle holster...and behind the back open carry...reflecting in the Hoosier sun during an Indiana pig roast! Everyone wears sunglasses till the sun goes down.:D
HD

As you stand there, basically immobile, precariously balanced and weighed down by all that steel. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe