Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hand gun ownership in the U.S.

How many HAND guns do you own?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to 5.

• 6 to 10.

• 11 to 25.

• 26 to 50, or more.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That isn't an ad for anything. It's a poster by Oleg Volk of a real girl with her real rifle.

She's an actual shooter and daughter of a very responsible family of shooters. There are millions of kids like her all across our country. Astonishingly, they aren't the ones getting into trouble.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
carebear said:
That isn't an ad for anything. It's a poster by Oleg Volk of a real girl with her real rifle.

She's an actual shooter and daughter of a very responsible family of shooters. There are millions of kids like her all across our country. Astonishingly, they aren't the ones getting into trouble.

Responsible people usually don't get into trouble.:eusa_clap

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Senator Jack said:
Why? Guns, alcohol, sex, tobacco. All best left to adults. In fact, the last are three regulated when it comes to kids, but the one that can kill other people isn't?

I'd rather my daughter could defend herself. JMO.

-Viola

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
Most states will regulate when and where a minor can posess a firearm. Under such and such an age, the minor must be accompanied by an adult. In KY, the regulations state that the adult must be able to take immediate possesion of the gun at all times...meaning you gotta be right there with them.

I was only half watching, but just the other day on the "Kentucky Afield" television show, they were interviewing a KY Conservation officer who had been working since 1947. His job was going to schools and training young people. Shooting .22 rifles, bows, fishing, etc. They showed old movie clips of him instructing middle-school, and high-school-age youngsters (all with their cool haircuts, plaid shirts, and britches cuffs rolled up!) shooting, fishing, etc. The kind of thing that's nice to see. Wish you could see more of it today... and I don't just mean the shooting, I also mean the neatly dressed kids!!!!

carebear

Senator Jack said:
I guess I'm really out of touch with the rest of the country. We celebrate guns and demonize alcohol and sex.

I don't disagree we demonize a lot inanimate objects unnecessarily, but I don't think we "celebrate" guns any more than any other group of, say, hat afficianados, "celebrate" their hobby.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Senator Jack said:
I guess I'm really out of touch with the rest of the country. We celebrate guns and demonize alcohol and sex.

The first if fine for a 10 year old to learn about, the other two she has a couple more years before she should be exposed. Now, let's not get :eek:fftopic:

I've got a Ruger .357. Vi- I read that you were thinking of the Vacquero. That's a fine gun. I also was thinking of getting one.

carebear

Senator Jack said:
Yet I can't bring my 17 year old nephew into a bar just because it sells alcohol. He's not even going to drink anything, just sit there, but the law says no. But to hand him a loaded pistol is perfectly legal. Does anyone else see how totally twisted these laws are?

Yep, blame the Prohibitionists who would rather do your parenting (uncle-ing) for you.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Senator Jack said:
Depends on which part of the country you're from I think. I think there are areas that celebrate all, and areas that demonize all.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Senator Jack said:
Yet I can't bring my 17 year old nephew into a bar just because it sells alcohol. He's not even going to drink anything, just sit there, but the law says no. But to hand him a loaded pistol is perfectly legal. Does anyone else see how totally twisted these laws are?

I don't see a anything twisted between two differently scenarios. Heck, when you were 17 it was just a couple months in New York before you could go into the bar with no problem. Blame that on MADD.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Senator Jack said:
Because the right to arm is in your Constitution...and Prohibition was in your Constitution once, as well....:rolleyes:

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
The clubs in Waikiki had a wristband policy when I was in college in 1990. But, instead of putting the band on over 21's it was put on under 21's so we yanked them off.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe