Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween Costumes

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If I can get motivated to track down the gear, I thought the Golden Age Sandman would be a cool vintage costume.

sandman.jpg

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I think I'm going as Zatanna, the magician superheroine from DC comics, I wussed out last year and my friends are kidding me about it.

dashiell said:
The fun, the incomparable joy of observation, sir!
;)
Maybe, Ms. Dash, but you can't just "observe" your way through life forever, there are still times when ya gotta get out there and participate...

Says a guy for whom the only difference between Halloween and normal will be his stars and pipe moving from his A-2 pocket to his collar and mouth, respectively...:eek:lol

And Miss V, definitely--pics please.;) Too bad I'm too short and heavy, and gotta have eye-protection 24/7, not to mention am surrounded by wimps who'd freak out at the accessories, but suiting up as the Punisher'd be fun... (Too bad I'd be "out of uniform" if I did...)

dashiell

One of the Regulars
Diamondback said:
Maybe, Ms. Dash, but you can't just "observe" your way through life forever, there are still times when ya gotta get out there and participate...

:eek:fftopic:

Well, sir, maybe I can and maybe I can't. I'll give it a good try! lol

ITG

Call Me a Cab
My husband is wanting to throw a costume party. We're not sure what we will wear (I'll probably do Indy though), but we know what we're going to have our black Scottie dog be...we're going to spray white hair can spray on him so he'll be a skunk, ala Pepe Le Pue.

carter

I'll Lock Up
After watching the Christmas Invasion of Dr. Who on BBCA, I want to go as a Sycorax alien invader Brassy Santa.

1353737635_5ea38ee568_m.jpg

Now, where can I find a mask? hmmmm...

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
dashiell said:
Is there *any way* I could, through my modest but diligent efforts, give you that time?
;)

That would be a great costume!

Ok, ok...I'm doing it. It spent most of the weekend making a list and tracking everything down. I've bought a few items already and I should have it all in a few weeks. Then I still need to get the claw icon put on the shirt and a little painting and modifying here and there. Just for fun I'll keep a running log in this thread as things come together.

LindyTap

Familiar Face
carebear said:
If I can get motivated to track down the gear, I thought the Golden Age Sandman would be a cool vintage costume.

sandman.jpg

That's such a good idea, I love golden age superheroes! I've thought about going as the spirit, but I have no idea where to get a vintage-looking blue suit.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
LindyTap said:
That's such a good idea, I love golden age superheroes! I've thought about going as the spirit, but I have no idea where to get a vintage-looking blue suit.

Well, you're in the right place... :)

Barry

Practically Family
If I were going to dress up I might think about a character from a comic book too. "Batman" from "Scar of the Bat" by Max Allan Collins would probably be a lot of fun (and relatively simple too, I guess).

batmanscarofthebat1.jpg

Trickeration

Practically Family
happyfilmluvguy said:
My senior year in high school, I was a lobster.

I should have applied at Sea World.

http://www.puzzledpictures.com/lobster.htm

Kat and I just loved the video!

For Halloween this year, I think I'll go with either my WWII WAVES or Red Cross nurse uniform. Not very creative, but due to lack of room in the moving van I had to leave my good costume stuff in Long Beach 'til later. My house, however will only be for the brave trick-or-treater. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley