Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The slims are what I'd describe as mid-rise, compared, say, to Unbranded, whose skinny fit is very low, or Freddie's, which are very high.

andy b.

One of the Regulars
Do any of you know if any of the jeans didn't make the funding amount, and if they didn't, what happens?
Also, I saw way back in the beginning guys were quoting they were xx/100 of an offering. Is the number of jeans in each campaign posted somewhere?

winterland1

Practically Family
As Sloan mentioned the slims are a mid rise I think they are the perfect size. Any lower and it feels like you have to keep pulling your pants up.

When a campaign doesn't sell in the time given, they pull it.
Not sure if they offer it again at some point .

They used to list the number of jeans in the batch but now they just put the percentage.

andy b.

One of the Regulars
Have there been may that don't make the goal? I was really looking for a pair of black jeans, and I'm having some doubts the BlackXBlack will meet the goal. I've never followed one of the campaigns, so maybe some of them move a little slower than others and this is normal.

winterland1

Practically Family
For what I have seen there hasn't been many that haven't met the goal. It seems like there has been a lot of black denim lately so maybe why it's running a little slow.

wdw

One Too Many
I had a couple of sherberts last night and backed the blackblacks. I seemed to move it up one percent.

Still unsure of size, despite having two pairs from them now.

andy b.

One of the Regulars
The BlackXBlack campaign is up to 80% with 5 days to go. I am feeling a little better about it. I really hope these get funded. If they do, I'm thinking of backing the Double Dip Indigo shirt. Folks are saying they are on the slim side, so a medium seems pretty close to my size. A small might be okay, since I doubt I would ever wear it with the top button buttoned.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I would be surprised if they didn't make the jeans you've backed. 80% is probably past the tipping point where they will just make the jeans anyway.
As far as the shirts go, they are definitely cut trim, the size chart is pretty close, be sure to use it, if it's close go a size up

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I had a couple of sherberts last night and backed the blackblacks. I seemed to move it up one percent.

Still unsure of size, despite having two pairs from them now.

It used to sozzled Amazon purchases that I feared, now I've got the risk of 'unintended' Gustin backing!:D

andy b.

One of the Regulars
Well the BlackXBlack got funded. YEAH!!!!!!!
I was so happy I backed the Double Dip Indigo shirt.
I saw a bunch of other denims were released this afternoon and the Pimas already ended.

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
I was number 99 on the blackxblack. I'm really looking forward to their arrival. I almost bought a second pair, then decided I ought to wait to see how the first turns out. I'm also curious to see how they wear in. I'm not a fan of not washing denim, or any of my non-outerwear clothing, for that matter.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Great!

Well I backed the blue oxford. I had the grey but sent it back, wasnt a fan of it, got the ginham and the flanell and found out I miss the oxford beefy weight, and a shirt like that costs alot here (just hope they keep the sewing mistakes to a minimum this time). I had the M and the L and both are almost equal small on me so got an XL this time. I know they shrink some in the wash also. I want the white aswell but just have to wait and see how the XL fits. I also deeply wanted the checkerd blue but couldnt back another thin one before I get some thick ones.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Has anyone here bought a Gustin trucker jacket. If so, any comments regarding fit would be great. Pictures even better.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Personally, I'm interested to hear and see how they fit before throwing in on them. I noticed they were looking at a chore coat style, but it's a bit too 'milk man's jacket' for my taste.

andy b.

One of the Regulars
Personally, I'm interested to hear and see how they fit before throwing in on them. I noticed they were looking at a chore coat style, but it's a bit too 'milk man's jacket' for my taste.

You have a problem with the milk man?! :D

It sounded like they didn't have the chore coat design finalized, so I'm still waiting to see what it ends up like. I think the Gustin team values feedback a lot, so I'm sure they will make some adjustments to it.

But on another note, I managed to score an unworn pair of the #71 American Classics in my size to put my mind at ease on sizing issues. The denim is the smoothest denim weave I have ever seen! The weave is very tight. I think they're awesome!

I can see a lot more Gustin in my future!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
If I was a milkman, there'd be no problem! But I'm not, so I'd rather not.:D I just wasn't sure if a. the waxed cotton really suited the design, and b. it looked as though they'd simply extended the tanker jacket and tacked a couple of patch pockets on the front. My impression is that it didn't fire up the Gustin community, so it'll probably get tweaked or dumped. That said, giving serious consideration to the blue x brown that's imminent, though it might be a pricey denim.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What I wouldn't mind seeing is something along the lines of the 3-day Union denim jacket that Dinerman's been showing today on the Reproduction Classic Workwear thread. I especially wouldn't mind seeing it at a workingman's price.

Mr Plastik

New in Town
Hey guys! After following this thread for the last few months while (im)patiently waiting for my American Sixteeners, I now have my denim and I'd like to show it off a bit:

74e31bfcf1ee6fb30cab4b006349279a.jpg

6a275bd9905480eaf814de533671c5ce.jpg

a118407064f27fb07547829e294b3100.jpg

a85cf5674ff3b97cca52dc0d3954a6e9.jpg

BONUS! Here are some interactive, touch-to-focus pictures. Just use your mouse to click on any part of the picture, and enjoy:

Picture #1
Picture #2

Best $91 I've spent in quite some time ;-)

I can't wait to see how these evolve over time so I will be updating my Pinterest monthly. Thanks.

Mr P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe