Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
^ I have a good memory Dickie, I remember you were the first guy on the FL who was talking about the Gustin Kickstarter... So far it seems like Gustin is firing on all cylinders. Welcome back by the way..

wdw

One Too Many
Has anyone backed the waxed Trucker jacket? I'm curious to see how these turn out

I backed the olive, but am nervous about the size. Theoretically the M should fit, but the web is awash with stories of Gustin coming up small, whether it's jeans or shirts.

I've already wasted money on too-small jeans, and have a larger pair incoming, but amn't taking any more chances until I see how these two pan out.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Does anyone have any pics of the super heavies with some wear? I have the indigo 2 and Japanese classics, they have a couple of weeks wear, no wash, but nothing spectacular. I'm quite interested in the super heavies, and was curious how these guys age. Cheers.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm not crazy about the supers. They remind me of the kind Mom used to get us at Finkelstein's for $4.00 a pair that made your legs sweat.

mattface

Practically Family
I'm not crazy about the supers. They remind me of the kind Mom used to get us at Finkelstein's for $4.00 a pair that made your legs sweat.

They Are nothing like those though, they may be warm, but should not be sweaty, because they are 100% cotton, not polyester like the sweaty mom-jeans. Also while they are quite a heavyweight fabric, they are not stiff like most heavy denims, and especially that cardboard poly-denim from the 1970s.

timebomb

New in Town
The heavy Americans in standard just came in. The colour is lighter than I was hoping but still good. The fit on the waist is perfect; it's just a little snug but no discomfort. My only present issue is the 36" inseam of the jeans that don't quite work with my own 30"-31" inseam. Does cuffing make your legs look shorter or longer? I never cuff but would do it if it helps getting a better looking proportion.

Novos

One of the Regulars
Been thinking of finally pulling the trigger on a pair. Has anyone bought any of their black selvedge? I haven't seen any pics.

Also, my go tos over the past few years have been 34" Nudie jeans Thin Finns. It seems that sizing is an issue with Gustin, should I go with a 36 slim? I will of course refer to their sizing guide, but I don't want to mess up my first order.

andy b.

One of the Regulars
So Sloan convinced me to enter the world of raw denim with some 21oz Unbranded jeans back around Christmas, and now I followed him over here to try some Gustin jeans. I backed the #99 BlackXBlack. I hope they meet the goal as I am looking forward to them.

I have to post a story about Gustin that impressed me.

I signed up for the Gustin newsletter about a month ago. On 8-FEB the newsletter was an update on Gustin from the founders. I've been reading about Gustin for the past few months, and was impressed with their story. After eating dinner on 8-FEB, I replied to the newsletter and said I was going to pick up a pair of Gustin jeans because I liked the company. About an hour later I received a reply from Stephen Powell himself, one of the co-founders! He thanked me for the email. I replied back that I was interested in some black denim in a 14oz or so weight and would order a pair the next time they were offered. So what do I see earlier this week, but the BlackXBlack 13.5oz denim was offered. I emailed Mr. Powell and said I didn't know if my request influenced Gustin's decision to offer that denim, but I backed it as soon as I saw it. Mr. Powell replied back and said my comments definitely influenced their decision. Where the heck else can you email the founder of the company and make a request and few days later it is done?

I also had some sizing questions and Cody responded to all of my emails shortly after receiving them.

I am really hoping the fit works out for me and I got my size right as I really want to support these guys.

I have no connection to Gustin other than a few emails and reading this thread on the Lounge.

And thanks to you Lounge members for posting fit pics and answering sizing questions.

Andy B.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Cheers, Andy. Gustin are really invested in their customers/fans, and it shows in their product: popular denims returning on demand, 'owning' the product in a manner closer to some of the better jacket makers, and interacting with people either individually or on the community board (that one is a particularly good feature - if you're looking for Butte nowadays, you'll get him there!). Loved both pairs I've bought - the Okayamas are something special - and I'm game for more, it's addictive stuff.
How you getting on with your UB 21oz? I gave mine a cold soak, and that did the trick, with some nice fades starting to develop.

winterland1

Practically Family
Took some pics of my Gustin slim fit Black2 14.5oz denim for Gustin's comments section, fugured I would show here too.
For comparision my Iron Heart Indigo denim, Gustin Black2, Levis black rigid STF, J Crew indigo denim shirt.
They were a little tight at first but have been wearing all day and already fit nice. They are way lighter in comparision to the Iron Hearts but they are nice. They have a bit of a dressy look to them.
$5 off first purchase sign up link. https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/6029

A couple fit pics wih my Gustin Classic belt also. I like the red chainstitch that shows with a single cuff.

andy b.

One of the Regulars
How you getting on with your UB 21oz? I gave mine a cold soak, and that did the trick, with some nice fades starting to develop.

Not to go too off track, but I picked up several pairs of the UB 21oz, and the first pair I wore for 31 days straight before washing them. No other pants for the entire month. I feel confident now that with several pairs between the UBs and hopefully some Gustins, I can probably wear jeans almost every day for a year and just do one big jean wash once per year. :D I was hesitant on this long-term wearing with no washing, but I didn't notice any smells and they weren't dirty. I only washed them to see how it affected the fading, which it didn't really seem to (I used cold water and Woolite Dark). Some of my friends think I'm weird, so thank goodness for the Lounge to tell me I'm normal (yeah, right).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe