Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German & Austrian Hutmachers

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
My last buys arrival! Getes Feiner Haarhut, mid gray with gray sweatband and a little moth bite.
Very stiff felt, 6,5 cm brim wide, my guess mid 50s to early 60s. Nice Ruffle lining.

getes6.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Steve, I also not familar with Getes! The hat comes from Bavaria. It could be a unknown Hatter!
It's a very thick and stiff felt and has truly a low crown. The gray sweatband was most used in the 50s

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Another nice one Manfred, I like the thinly bound brim. Kool to find a new brand. Does the gray have a bluish tinge to it as your pix appear to have?

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Very nice Chepstow
im digging the colors with all the extra goodies like the fancy lining & grey sweat the felt must be very special is it a heavy or lite felt & since you have the nap on the felt the bite should hide....
I really like the sweat band color, I have a very old leather jacket from Germany same color sweet sorta grayish/blue

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Chepstow
after i lose 30 lbs.....
hey maybe the grand kids can.
its beautiful jacket , OK on my list of things to post. Amigo !

lecky

New in Town
Here are a couple of hats, an Erko Velour, no other markings, and a midnight blue Homburg with a fairly wide brim and a crown that's a bit shorter than usual, Marke Spezial, and from the shop Hettlage & Lampe, the felt is softer than a typical Humburg, and it's more easily wearable.

IMAG0805.jpg

IMAG0807.jpg

IMAG0806.jpg

IMAG0813.jpg

IMAG0814.jpg

IMAG0815.jpg

Thanks! The Marke Spezial is interesting. Is the brim curled the same all the way around the brim? Normally a Homburg style would have a wider ribbon. Does it have a paper label behind the sweatband? These no brand name store models were fairly typical.

lecky

New in Town
The curl is a bit more on the sides than back and front, and not as tightly curled as is usual, let alone the tight curl of some of the older ones, there are no other labels at all. It's really quite unconventional for a Homburg. The felt is lovely, feeling just a little bit velvety.

Manfred, Good observation regarding the brim. Lecky, This one is hard to date. I am thinking early to mid 50s but could be slightly off in either direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marco21