Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German & Austrian Hutmachers

Manfred, Thanks! Great finds! The Hess "Bisam" is special. I have scene Muskrat fur mentioned in old felt recipes but I have never seen a hat before. The ribbon (width) / bow (design) treatment is fantastic too.

Landman

One Too Many
German tourists in Greece 1936-39.

The hat in the foreground has a very unusual bash. It appears to have two dents on each side.
Has anyone seen this before?

denthat.jpg

There are quite a few advertisements in the "No Name Hat Co." thread with this type of crease. Here is the link to the thread.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?58926-No-Name-Hat-Manufacturing-Co

Steve, I'm not sure if there are any with both a front pinch and the side dents but there are several with that unusual round side dent.

Yes the side dent but not with the front pinch. There is one with a side dent and front dent (also interesting) which is Alpine like.

Landman

One Too Many
Yes, there are quite a few unusual looking creases in those advertisements. Some look like Campaign type creases or Montana type creases on fedoras.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
German 1950's REX Royal Quality snap-brim with Antilope finish.
Note the unusual edge binding. It is a size 57 and in excellent condition.
Too small for me - if anyone is interested PM me.

SAM_7264.jpg

SAM_7266.jpg

SAM_7265.jpg

SAM_7269.jpg

SAM_7272.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88