Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 1950s Sears Hercules Horsehide D-Pocket Motorcycle Jacket by Roughwear

AHP91

One Too Many
Up for grabs we have a stunning 1950s Sears Hercules D-Pocket motorcycle jacket manufactured by Roughwear of Middleton Pennsylvania.

An absolutely iconic company in mid-century motorcycle wear, Hercules by Sears were actually manufactured by other makers, and features of this jacket tell us that this was produced by Roughwear of Pennsylvania, a revered manufacturer in their own right. These details include the black and yellow "genuine top grain horsehide" label, as well as the intricate and sturdy French seam stitching throughout the jacket (a beautiful and rare touch). Roughwear produced both civilian and military jackets throughout the twentieth century, and their productions have become extremely collectible. This jacket, in this condition and this larger size, is a true find.

Features of this jacket include -

Sturdy French seams throughout;

Original attached belt;

All snaps and zippers (with an option to add on a custom mouton collar), including horsehide zipper pulls;

Super unique and desirable D-pocket configuration

Beautiful horsehide leather in good shape, with some wear as expected;

Good condition (usually tons of tears) red padded lining with corduroy trim at the hem and arm openings;

Exterior and interior pockets are all intact;

All original 1950s Talon zippers that works without fault

Only thing worth mentioning is the addition of some sort of badge holder (that I believe could be removed) and the removal of the studs on the back of the jacket in the kidney panel area. There is some wear at the shoulder and arms area but no cracking, no flaking, no stitching coming undone. Altogether a beautiful and super solid iconic jacket that has help up very well with time.

I cannot make out the number on the size tag for this jacket, so please see measurements below and pictured:

Armpit to armpit: 23.25"

Shoulder to shoulder: 20.5"

Bottom hem: 19.5"

Sleeve length taken straight from shoulder seam: 24.4"

Length of back from bottom of collar: 22"

Length of front from bottom of collar: 25.5"

Incredible 1950s pattern, beautiful D-pocket, not much more you can ask for.

Please note that I have done my best to exhibit the size and condition of this beautiful jacket as you will receive it. If you have any questions about the aforementioned, please reach out. Please also note that while I've done my best to exhibit the condition of the jacket in the allotted photos, this a true vintage piece and other minor areas of wear should be expected. Any significant condition issues will be noted.

The jacket will be quickly shipped upon payment (TFL Price $425 shipped in the U.S.). The moto hat is not included in the sale.

Please not that I am not a professional clothier, and the opinions written are my own based on a considerable amount of research and handling of items in this field.

Picture 1 of 22

Picture 2 of 22

Vintage 1950s Sears Hercules Horsehide D-Pocket Motorcycle Jacket by Roughwear - Picture 4 of 22

Picture 3 of 22

Picture 5 of 22
Picture 6 of 22

Picture 7 of 22

Picture 8 of 22

Picture 9 of 22
Vintage 1950s Sears Hercules Horsehide D-Pocket Motorcycle Jacket by Roughwear - Picture 10 of 22

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads