Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forbidden items in my home...

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I agree with Puzzicato, had Kangaroo at a wild game dinner 15yrs ago and it was great.
To get us back on topic and not on the continued meat rant (although BBQ is huge in my town and I love talking about how to cook things...).
Anyone selling something, including telemarketers!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
That might be why I like Jack in the Box better than the others. :p It is hopping good. :p
Oh and anything from the 60s hippie culture is forbidden in my house.:eeek:

My parents were hippies. I love a lot about the hippie culture. What's not allowed in my house is country music!

I'm in the mood for a little grating :D

images

[video=youtube;TJGKpS8RQwU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJGKpS8RQwU[/video]

Me too. I wish a buck was still silver, it was back when the country was strong. Back before Elvis and before the Vietnam war came along. Before the Beatles and 'Yesterday' when a man could still work and still would. Is the best of the free life behind us now? Are the good times really over for good?

[video=youtube;BRtqUNEKXdg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRtqUNEKXdg[/video]

I'm in the mood for a little grating :D

dr greg

One Too Many
Me too. I wish a buck was still silver, it was back when the country was strong. Back before Elvis and before the Vietnam war came along. Before the Beatles and 'Yesterday' when a man could still work and still would. Is the best of the free life behind us now? Are the good times really over for good?QUOTE]
I reckon the hire-purchase of anythin smaller than a car has been the downfall of Western Civilisation, in my youth you had to save or lay-by things, there weren't no credit cards, but the rot set in, and now you have entire countries goin broke because they can never pay back what they borrowed....and SOMEBODY got to pay in the end.....

Couldn't agree more. I was raised if you can't afford it, you go without. The only things I was taught to borrow for would be a house and maybe a small loan on a car. I borrowed $1,000 from my parents to pay half on a car I bought when I was 17, otherwise I've never went into debt. I have a good friend at work, 2 years older than me. Has 2 new cars in his driveway and a nice house in a good neighborhood. He will tell you, he's in debt up to his eyeballs.
I reckon the hire-purchase of anythin smaller than a car has been the downfall of Western Civilisation, in my youth you had to save or lay-by things, there weren't no credit cards, but the rot set in, and now you have entire countries goin broke because they can never pay back what they borrowed....and SOMEBODY got to pay in the end.....

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
. Oh, wait. No Brussells sprouts.
Steamed or roasted Brussels sprouts drenched in butter with a dash of salt and pepper....:essen: But they can stink up the house (in preparation and after) , so proper ventilation is required. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun