Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For sale m445 size 42 in new unworn condition.

John Lever

One Too Many
For sale m445 size 42 in new unworn condition.
Light flexible practical jacket, no breaking in required. Talon zip, beautiful fleece, seal brown goatskin trim.
Very nice jacket.
Measurements
Pit to pit 23 inches/58 cm
Shoulders 20/51 cm
Arm length 26/66cm
Back length 26/66cm

This is a large 42. It fits me with room for layering. I am 5. 10, 165 pounds. Or 1.78m, 75 kg.
All dimensions are approximate.

Asking price 450 gbp plus costs. PP f/f please
20241020_112840.jpg
20241020_112647.jpg
20241020_112904.jpg
20241020_113034.jpg
20241020_112852.jpg
20241020_112852.jpg
20241020_112721.jpg
20241020_112927.jpg
20241020_112942.jpg
20241020_113013.jpg
20241020_112746.jpg

Last edited:

John Lever

One Too Many
Cheers mate.
This is new as stated. I think I paid about 80 to 100 gbp (not euros) import duty on top of the purchase price so it cost me about 700 euros.
Obviously import duty is based on the stated price.

Last edited:

Bender

One of the Regulars
I shared a link to the AVI leather webshop because I thought it might be of interest to prospective buyers but for some reason it was removed. Are buyers not allowed to know who made this jacket?
Perhaps posting links is frowned upon?

Probably easier for the OP to just to put it in the title anyway, for example: "Avi Leather m445 size 42 in new unworn condition".

They can also skip the "for sale" bit, as that's implied in a classifieds thread...

Anyway, good luck with the sale, OP!

John Lever

One Too Many
Sorry, some of the text got cropped when I copied it from Vintage Leather Jackets.
Sold by Avileather Denmark but made in China. The workmanship is very good I would say.
Asking price is now reduced to 400 gbp plus costs please.
New never worn.

John Lever

One Too Many
Perhaps posting links is frowned upon?

Probably easier just to put it in the title anyway, for example: "Avi Leather m445 size 42 in new unworn condition".

You can also skip the "for sale" bit, as that's implied in a classifieds thread...

Anyway, good luck with the sale!
I tried to edit the title but was unable to do so.
I complained to the mods about one of the replies in the thread. It was negative and implied that I was being greedy in the asking price. I have sold many jackets in the couple of decades I have been a member here and like to think I have been willing contributor to the forum by sharing images of my collection and by advising others.
I actually bought this jacket just so I could review it and have done this with jackets loned to me in the past by Ken Calder.
Thanks

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
They can also skip the "for sale" bit, as that's implied in a classifieds thread...
There are also 'want to buy' listings from people who are looking to buy a specific item. Therefore I think It's good practice to have the distinction in the title.
I have sold many jackets in the couple of decades I have been a member here and like to think I have been willing contributor to the forum by sharing images of my collection and by advising others.

That may be so but that doesn't change the fact that you listed a jacket without mentioning the maker, initially asking a significantly higher price than what it would cost someone from the US to buy the jacket brand new from the AVI webstore today.

I tried to edit the title but was unable to do so.
You had the opportunity to ask the mods to change it for you while you were complaining about the post that clarified what it is that you are selling.

I actually bought this jacket just so I could review it
Where can I find the review? I've searched but I cannot find it in the outerwear section.

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
I like it,especially as it's not the dreadful broken grain.i do agree that posts shouldn't be removed, unless they are defamatory, if they are accurate I think they should remain.
Jacket was reviewed 9th oct 2023.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun