Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flashlights?

MB5

One of the Regulars
My EDC is a River Rock 1AA light.
I keep a NightStar CS shake light in my auto emergency kit.

I grabbed the Fenix TK 16 (v2.0) on a special offer in electronic chain store, today. Too hot offer to let it slip, 60 instead 100 bucks. :p

I would say, it's indeed an impressive little machine!
Of course the 3.100 lumens MAX is gadget for the youngsters, but altogether this handy flashlight is a nice, powerful allround.
Not for the kiddie hands, it's not a toy.

It comes with a pocket clip, a holster and a lanyard, in case you need that.
The industrial lithium accu is replacable.

3.100 lumens
1.000 lumens
350 lumens
150 lumens (my favorite!)
30 lumens

+ stroboscope

Attachments

• IMGP7799.JPG
    IMGP7799.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
I can't believe how expensive flashlights are. Not necessarily a complaint, but geez. One of my relatives has a kid in the navy, and they get most of their X-mas presents at their PX. Gave this cool flashlight as a present...cool enough that I wanted one for myself...until I priced it. I think it was around $100? Can't remember the maker or model right now.

I appreciate all these special batteries and charging options etc, but really, if a flashlight needs more than one normal AA battery, I'm not interested. And I really don't need all these beam options. The last thing I need is a strobe.

I use one of these, and I like it well enough. Solid little reliable flashlight. Complaints are 1) it's water resistant and can handle a quick washing, but it wouldn't be able to handle long exposure to water. 2) get rid of the strobe and leave it at a simple high/low beams 3) far too many places to hold grease and dirt. absolutely not necessary to have all the cuts in the metal casing. But for less than $5, it's good.

Olumin

Familiar Face
I can't believe how expensive flashlights are. Not necessarily a complaint, but geez. One of my relatives has a kid in the navy, and they get most of their X-mas presents at their PX. Gave this cool flashlight as a present...cool enough that I wanted one for myself...until I priced it. I think it was around $100? Can't remember the maker or model right now.

I appreciate all these special batteries and charging options etc, but really, if a flashlight needs more than one normal AA battery, I'm not interested. And I really don't need all these beam options. The last thing I need is a strobe.

I use one of these, and I like it well enough. Solid little reliable flashlight. Complaints are 1) it's water resistant and can handle a quick washing, but it wouldn't be able to handle long exposure to water. 2) get rid of the strobe and leave it at a simple high/low beams 3) far too many places to hold grease and dirt. absolutely not necessary to have all the cuts in the metal casing. But for less than $5, it's good.

The cuts are for heat sinking, they increase surface area for cooling. But on that light its unnecessary as it wouldn't ever get hot enough.

If you want simple and reliable you can take a look at this one.
I would personally recommend going with the high CRI option and also getting the tail switch with it.

@Ernest P Shackleton
I'm with you on small EDC flashlights should always be driven by international standard AA or AAA batteries! My Fenix E01 Blue is on my key chain and uses one AAA battery.

These small EDC beasts today bring 5, 30 and 100 lumens, with a range up to 50+ meters, Jesus!

Attachments

• IMGP7802.JPG
    IMGP7802.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
The cuts are for heat sinking, they increase surface area for cooling. But on that light its unnecessary as it wouldn't ever get hot enough.

If you want simple and reliable you can take a look at this one.
I would personally recommend going with the high CRI option and also getting the tail switch with it.
Thanks for the link. I wasn't aware of that one. $75 for a flashlight rig is beyond my needs though. nevertheless, I will bookmark it.

Last edited:
Actually, my new Fenix Tk16 v2.0 works totally reliable. But my favorite setting is still the 150 Watt!

I'm still on the second battery load.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1