Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Hi everyone, thought I would update on this one.

I received the replacement jacket a week ago. The jacket does fix the mistakes/issues caused by 5 Star from the previously sent jacket. However, as suggested on this forum, I've now got a few new issues. These are mostly related to the sizing around the bicep/elbow being a little too wide and pulled in an area (been stitched together with a leather "pull"/crease), and I now have a small fold/crease that forms around the back of my neck (I commonly get this in off the rack clothing). I couldn't get a photo of this creasing (live by myself) but it's almost like an "excess fold" right inbetween my shoulders.

Check out photos below, please excuse the white dustiness of the photos, I've recently painted my house and am dealing with dust settling.

Overall, however, I am happy with this jacket and Five Star have sorted things for me from their end. Without being an expert, it mostly fits well and is nicely stitched. Would I put myself through this again? No chance.
that is a good fit, and for once the chest pocket is not super high like usual 5star. under the collar crease is normal on leather jacket, because jacket collar is higher than shirt collar, and the rear will likely touching the back of your head in some pose where you look up, or when you ride in it, so it creases there, fabric jacket is the same but fabric creases are less permanent. to check the rear then ask someone to take your picture from the back so you have your arm on neutral pose, when you look over your shoulder and twist your waist to take picture then obviously the back of the jacket will pull and show creases.

but honestly the half belt looks bad from the profile picture, it should be constructed like the waistbelt of your pants, the top panel should taper into the half belt, and then the lower panel should flare back a little toward the hemline to give space for your rear, not a flat back with a decorative strap like that

Last edited:

Retserrof

New in Town
I am the “ultimate dick” when it comes to 5 Star. In part because I feel complacent in the notion that these jackets are somehow more than they are. Large part. It for what it’s worth I think your jacket fits quite well. 5 Stars button front jackets always seem to look better, not sure why but they do. If you are daring enough to experiment, I would try to improve the color. This looks to be russet brown? It’s such a dead color. It can be improved but you have throw caution to the wind and not care.
Thanks for the reply! I actually thought about experimenting with colour firstly on the jacket I rejected (5 Star told me to keep it). Doesn't fit, so may as well use it as a test piece.

Colour is actually crystal goat, which based on the limited experiences from others, I figured wasn't the worst brown option. Unfortunately, it's just a dull plastic-like mid brown. What would you suggest I apply on the test jacket to improve the colour?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Averroes