Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

Hey, trust me. It bothers me too. I am still hoping that Shawn will come to the table and do something to help compensate for the obvious lack of QC or disregard for the end user experience. Either of those is not OK with me either.

That said, I knew what I was getting into from the thread, and am able to overlook some of the issues. As mentioned, the QC issue is not something that I can overlook, and am going to exhaust every option for restitution.

I just think that they do offer great value / $, so as long as you at least get what you paid for, and were expecting. In my case, I did not get what I was expecting, based off of the QC images I approved prior to shipping.

If I went with 5* I’d go into it with a similar mentality as you. Eyes wide open on the potential (likely?) shortcomings but with an expectation of honesty.

It does seem that when called out 5* does tend to try to make it right. I hope they come through for you.

SPUdMurphy

New in Town
If I went with 5* I’d go into it with a similar mentality as you. Eyes wide open on the potential (likely?) shortcomings but with an expectation of honesty.

It does seem that when called out 5* does tend to try to make it right. I hope they come through for you.
This describes my thoughts perfectly. Thanks for articulating my thoughts better than I have been able to thus far. lol.

Hopefully I can get them to come to the table and make it right. Maybe someone in this thread can help me out in the event they take their time.

I emailed Shawn and Fargham on Thursday evening, and so far have not heard anything from either of them. I will wait until next week before I look into alternative avenues for compensation.

blood_e

New in Town
So be bored. This isn’t Facebook - no one is here to entertain you. One of the functions of this site is to increase the collective knowledge of bespoke dealers (in hats, leather, suits, shoes, etc.). If you don’t believe 5* deserves criticism, then defend it as @SPUdMurphy has done. Otherwise, if you want to censor someone, that’s what the ignore button is for. But telling people in essence to “shut up” runs counter to the spirit of the Lounge.

I’ll say this again: imo any Lounger who purchases from 5* and has a less-than-satisfactory experience has already had ample warning, because this thread is full of those warnings starting all the way back at the second page. There is nothing whatsoever “recent” about it. Some believe the benefits outweigh the risks or the price is the worth the gamble. Fine. Doesn’t mean the rest of us should stop pointing out that there is at least one loaded chamber in the revolver they are juggling.
its not above criticism. Theres simple rules for getting a winner with 5star
Send in your own jacket. Get it in the approved skins (ie the CAL LAPD)
Get the approved A2's
or gamble with your life

It took some people a school loan amount of 5star purchases to figure that out. That's on them. Meanwhile I'll be living life in my leathers with the silly sleeve curvature

Asinyne

New in Town
I am five foot seven inches. My weight is about 155 lbs. I always ask them to make my sleeves 24 inches since I have short arm. I am a 38-39 inch chest, 32 inch waist.
Thanks for the reply! Other than the sleeves, did you get a standard 40 or did you customize anything else (e.g. back length)? How long is the jacket? I’m trying to decide if I need to go more cropped (24.5” length) or a little longer (Wested’s version of the Raiders jacket is 26.5” in length).

SPUdMurphy

New in Town
For anyone that had to resolve issues with Shawn and Fargham, how long did it take for them to respond to you?

I sent them emails right away on Thursday last week as soon as I opened my jacket, and have heard nothing back so far. I want to give them enough opportunity to respond and resolve the issues before I start finding alternative options for resolution.

How long do you think I should wait?

If your email was about another new jacket order, they’d have already responded. There is a holiday from June 17th-19th. I’d say kick it up the chain after Thursday.
For anyone that had to resolve issues with Shawn and Fargham, how long did it take for them to respond to you?

I sent them emails right away on Thursday last week as soon as I opened my jacket, and have heard nothing back so far. I want to give them enough opportunity to respond and resolve the issues before I start finding alternative options for resolution.

How long do you think I should wait?

SPUdMurphy

New in Town
If your email was about another new jacket order, they’d have already responded. There is a holiday from June 17th-19th. I’d say kick it up the chain after Thursday.
For sure they would have responded if it was a new order inquiry, and I wouldn't expect anything less.

Sounds good, didn't realise there was a holiday there. I was thinking I would give them till the end of this week and go from there.

Cheers mate

KBlake

One Too Many
IMG_0967.jpeg
IMG_0999.jpeg
IMG_0991.jpeg
This came out pretty good. It’s the buffalo, which is on par with the goat, but has some really nice graining. I might get it in black horse too if I can use cc points.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I saw this jacket from the incoming jacket thread and the leather did look good and now the fit looks great too, congrats. The only thing I would say is maybe for Shawn to source and stock some vintage looking buttons like the fish eye stuff and that will totally elevate it to the next level. I like the way they're doing the lapel/collar points now and D rings are much better than the buckle than before too.

KBlake

One Too Many
I saw this jacket from the incoming jacket thread and the leather did look good and now the fit looks great too, congrats. The only thing I would say is maybe for Shawn to source and stock some vintage looking buttons like the fish eye stuff and that will totally elevate it to the next level. I like the way they're doing the lapel/collar points now and D rings are much better than the buckle than before too.

I agree about the buttons. Maybe I can have them swapped out at some point. The collar and chest pocket took some back and forth to get right. 5* defaults to the simplest, most soulless design. If you want something curved you have to specify it.

abbaralph

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the reply! Other than the sleeves, did you get a standard 40 or did you customize anything else (e.g. back length)? How long is the jacket? I’m trying to decide if I need to go more cropped (24.5” length) or a little longer (Wested’s version of the Raiders jacket is 26.5” in length).

I went with the standard length. 24 inches a great length for a Indy jacket. I have longer ones and shorter ones from other makers. Unless you are really tall 24 would work good I think

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth