Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit check on new-to-me Diamond Dave jacket

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just received this in from a fellow lounger and wanted to check on fit as I've never had a leather jacket like this before. I normally wear a size 46 sport coat and this is a size 48. It doesn't fit tight anywhere and I could probably wear a mid weight sweater under it but nothing too thick. The sleeves are a bit long if not zipped up. Once the zips on the sleeves are closed it holds the sleeves up.

IMG_5250.JPG
IMG_5293.JPG

IMG_5247.JPG
IMG_5248.JPG
IMG_5294.JPG

ingineer

One Too Many
Casechopper
That's a very good looking Motor Cycle jacket.Very classic
The fit looks proper for it's intended function.
Sleeves are purposely long so that they ride to a comfortable position when reaching for the handlebars.

Richard

IXL

One Too Many
You did fine, sir. Those sleeves aren't bad at all, and they will "draw up" a bit with some wear, anyway. Gook lookin' jacket.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Lovely looking jacket. Body is absolutely fine. I'd wear it for a while and see how the sleeves bed-in, but given the way they're gathering around the biceps, I'd consider having an inch lopped off just to get it perfect - I'm sure that could be done at little cost.

casechopper

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Would it not be expensive to shorten the sleeves on a jacket with the zip sleeves that this has?

Maybe I should get a bike to make the extra length make sense utility-wise. I keep saying this to my wife but she just isn't catching on...

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Not necessarily. I discussed getting the sleeves shortened on my Irvin when I first got it, and it was explained as a straightforward process. Glad I didn't do it though, as a bit of wear has wrinkled the sleeves just enough to stop them feeling unwieldy but have a mitten-like fit.

casechopper

For now I'll leave it as is. I won't get much wear on it until the fall anyway. After a few weeks of use I'll see how the sleeves look. Thanks for the PM Grayland.

Edward

Bartender
A lot of folks like to wear this cafe-racer style of motorcycle jacket like a second skin. Personally, I think the body looks fine on you. Has a sort of Highwaymanlike fit, if you follow me: a bit of a boxier look, but it doesn't look too big. Certainly won't do any harm to have a leather jacket around that has that little bit of room for a sweater come the colder months. As others have said, the sleeves look a little on the long side now, but I too would suggest letting it break in and see how they feel before you think of shortening them: you can always cut off the excess later, but you can never put it back....

Nice looking two tone effect, btw - are the darker panels on the body black or a seal brown? Makes me think of the two-tone look on my B3. I like the trews as well - where are they from?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Great looking jacket. If the sleeves need shortening would contact DD since he constructed the jacket. However, recommend purchasing a bike instead as the perfect accessory to the jacket and leave the sleeves as is. :D:

Looks killer to me and it suits you really well! Man, seeing it like this, I really regret I didn't have the funds back when this beauty was on Classifieds.

I think the fit is as good as it gets and personally, I prefer both the look and the functionality of longer sleeves on MC jackets.

Dr.Seuss

One of the Regulars
For now I'll leave it as is. I won't get much wear on it until the fall anyway. After a few weeks of use I'll see how the sleeves look. Thanks for the PM Grayland.

Sleeves too long? Never in my estimation. Incidentally, the nice bit is, regardless of reaching, arm flapping, bending over, etc., the cuffs will stay right at your wrists. Never to worry about the dreaded, "sleeve creep" when reaching forward. I will take "no creep," anytime, over too short.

BTW: Awesome looking leather. The Dickies are very fun; a shame they are not offered in a 40 inch inseam!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Hey Case ole bean!!!! Good to see you outside of the Hat Shack! Who woulda thunk that you'd spend a single penny on something that didn't have a brim? Interesting jacket. Not my style but it fits you well. I think you did yourself a solid. Wear it in good health.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads