Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
30-year owned, 1-owner Lost Worlds PJ-27. Size 48 a couple lining issues that look repairable, big bruiser of a Horsehide jacket. $950 or offer I see the design of this one is quite a bit different that Stuart's current offering.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134963291252?

1719541625857.png
1719541625960.png

30-year owned, 1-owner Lost Worlds PJ-27. Size 48 a couple lining issues that look repairable, big bruiser of a Horsehide jacket. $950 or offer I see the design of this one is quite a bit different that Stuart's current offering.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134963291252?

View attachment 623633 View attachment 623632

He has two versions of this jacket. This one and the more popular one with the main pocket down south. Some other differences. I have this one, wish I had the other one. Purely a design preference.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Could be European sizing, Italian 48 = US 38

Unless that's a giant non regulation hanger the jacket doesn't look oversized on it and LW in my experience has wider shoulder. If really size 48 then it would have 22" plus shoulder width right, and the regular hanger is only 16.5", the shoulder should hang like how kids are wearing jacket these days but the pic says otherwise.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Could be European sizing, Italian 48 = US 38

Unless that's a giant non regulation hanger the jacket doesn't look oversized on it and LW in my experience has wider shoulder. If really size 48 then it would have 22" plus shoulder width right, and the regular hanger is only 16.5", the shoulder should hang like how kids are wearing jacket these days but the pic says otherwise.
Thanks - I have asked for clarification from the seller.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Thanks - I have asked for clarification from the seller.
As suspected, the seller is just a little off in their measurement (he is also 6' and 200 lbs, about the same as me)

1719629737550.png

1719629771441.png

1719629826696.png

The third photo is pretty close, and using a standard steel tape measure, probably about the best you could get realistically while taking photo's of it. I do appreciate his work here to help us comprehend the jacket's fit. That said, this would still be a pretty "slim 48" as that pit to pit looks realistically around 23.5 - 24" if pulled tight.

bigmanbigtruck

One of the Regulars
As suspected, the seller is just a little off in their measurement (he is also 6' and 200 lbs, about the same as me)

View attachment 623858

View attachment 623859

View attachment 623861

The third photo is pretty close, and using a standard steel tape measure, probably about the best you could get realistically while taking photo's of it. I do appreciate his work here to help us comprehend the jacket's fit. That said, this would still be a pretty "slim 48" as that pit to pit looks realistically around 23.5 - 24" if pulled tight.
Assuming the chest ease is around 2-4", wouldn't 48 would suggest 25-26" p2p?
I'm so confused why it was tagged this way.

Did he insist he's a 48, and Stu knowing better sized him properly and just slapped on the "48" tag to indulge him anyway? lol

Thanks for finding out more though.

Last edited:

View attachment 623858

View attachment 623859

View attachment 623861

My 46 has 23” P2P.

DYNAMIS

New in Town
How old is LW? Was Stu the founder?
https://lostworldsinc.com/Frequently_Asked_Questions.htm#:~:text=LOST WORLDS was founded in,products made by other manufacturers.

When did you set up Lost Worlds and what was the motivation?

SC: I began Lost Worlds in 1986 selling the Willis & Geiger Outfitters line through a retail mail order catalog I designed and printed. W&G was undergoing consistent management, quality and market problems at that time and my valid efforts at popularizing the brand and expanding sales were ignored by the company. I also suggested their hiring me to source genuine Horsehide rather than the substandard stuff they were being supplied. They ignored me there too! Seeking quality, I was perceived as a threat by the new management. This was my first business contact with replicas, however flawed, of some of the classic and vintage jackets I had begun collecting earlier. By 1992, I decided to follow the entrepreneurial path to make notable leather jackets to my criteria of quality and authenticity.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88