Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedoras afield

I watched the From Here to Eternity last night and thought of you often, Greg! Thank you so very much for helping the rest of connect so well.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, thanks very much, Greg. After I too watched the film once again and thought about the novel, I started wondering if my dad and my Uncle Bill, who both sojourned there with the Marines on their way to Guadalcanal, told me everything about their time there.

Since we have yet to start a "Fedoras at the Mall" thread, this photo from the weekend seemed close to fitting here. I'm wearing my bleu steel VS.

My first grandchild is expected in less than a month. Already know he's a he, and so I have begun the search...

I knew somebody would be all over that. TOO funny, Perry! But that's what currently available in newborn sizes, except for caps like this...

First modeled by Miles, because I don't want my grandchildren to be allergic to canines.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Charlie
Congratulations on the news of your 1st Grandson !
Good to see your starting your search early & before you know it he will have some nice hats with your good taste in hats.
Say why not let Miles stick with that cap he looks great & im sure your Grandson will get a kick out of seeing Gramps & the pooch
Hatted......

Big, big, BIG thanks, friends! Very exciting indeed!!

Yeah, Che, I started before I needed to. Excellent reason to expand the search to smaller sizes.
From the "Best of" files; my nephew, Gabriel and me about three years ago. The young man was born to wear hats. It's now a Thanksgiving tradition for him and me to take a hatted picture together, at his request!

That Lamson Hubbard was too small for him, even then. He's now (at 11 years of age) about a size 7-3/8. I was wearing my Lee PL.

Last edited:
Can't help myself... Also from the B.O. files, Thanksgiving 2012 at my house with the (very) extended group, ALL HATTED by my accumulation, err... collection.

frussell

One Too Many
Charlie - I posted a thread looking for hats for my soon-to-be-born first son about three years ago, and was able to find some killer hats in small sizes, with the assistance of fellow loungers. He is almost three, and finally able to wear most of them, including a vintage Lee, two NOS Stratoliners, and a Cavanagh milan. Someone gave me the good advice to check with Johnnyphi, who still had some beautiful hats in very small sizes. I was able to find some in 6 1/2, 6 3/4, and 6 5/8. If your grandson turns out to be cranially endowed like you and I, it may not take long to wear them. My second son, who is only 4 months, looks like he will be wearing all those hats before the year is out. He takes after his father. Good hunting to you, and congratulations. Frank

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82