Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Lily chooses all of her own outfits these days. Some days I shake my head.

This one was Christmas doggie jammies, sundress, Snow White shirt, necklace, and hair bow, Easter gloves. Bonkers.

11015088_10152832094534234_6521344563040582849_n_zpsgooyodrk.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
We also have "but it is almost summer" days when it is sunny, but still in the 40s here, and she chooses a skirt, tank top, and sandals as her outfit. Trying to convince her she will be cold is getting harder. I usually opt for "that is a great at-home choice", and suggest something with sleeves or tights. Ah, the independent streak in this one is very strong.

She also tells me (almost daily) that she wants to be a fashion designer. I guess she is fashion forward, even at 5.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’m not sure if this post should go in the “Families” thread or the “Adventure” thread, so I’m going to post it in both. Hope no one minds.

Today was one of those rare days when the entire family got together at the same time – all four children and spouses, and all four grandchildren. We had a great time on a good, old-fashioned family picnic to Mt. Mitchell. I think the highlight of the trip was when we all climbed to the top of the mountain and my boys and I took our picture in the same spot where we had taken a photo almost 30 years ago. I wish we had the old photo with us so we could have oriented ourselves exactly the same, but you get the idea.

Everything has changed on the top of the mountain since that day the boys and I climbed to the summit of Mt. Mitchell way back in 1987. About the only thing that was the same is the big rock to our right in the old photo and the same rock that's to our left in today's photo.

In the 1987 photo, the boys and I had just finished a four-day hiking trip from Table Rock to Mt. Mitchell (a distance of about 75 miles). As we were standing there in the same spot where we were in ’87, we talked about making a "30 year commemorative hike" in 2017. If we do, I think I want to insist we take about a week to 10 days this time. It’s a whole lot further from Table Rock to Mt. Mitchell now than it was 30 years ago. :)

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very cool! Hope the boys got pics with any of their young'uns - to recreate 30 more years down the road.

I'm planning on being at that one, too. My grandmother was going on picnics and walking to the top of Mt. Mitchell into her 90's, so I've got that record to try to live up to as well.

In the 1987 photo, the boys and I had just finished a four-day hiking trip from Table Rock to Mt. Mitchell (a distance of about 75 miles). As we were standing there in the same spot where we were in ’87, we talked about making a "30 year commemorative hike" in 2017. If we do, I think I want to insist we take about a week to 10 days this time. It’s a whole lot further from Table Rock to Mt. Mitchell now than it was 30 years ago. :)

If you make the trip again, you'll also have to grow the moustache back. That one was awesome.

fashion frank

One Too Many
I’m not sure if this post should go in the “Families” thread or the “Adventure” thread, so I’m going to post it in both. Hope no one minds.

Today was one of those rare days when the entire family got together at the same time – all four children and spouses, and all four grandchildren. We had a great time on a good, old-fashioned family picnic to Mt. Mitchell. I think the highlight of the trip was when we all climbed to the top of the mountain and my boys and I took our picture in the same spot where we had taken a photo almost 30 years ago. I wish we had the old photo with us so we could have oriented ourselves exactly the same, but you get the idea.

Everything has changed on the top of the mountain since that day the boys and I climbed to the summit of Mt. Mitchell way back in 1987. About the only thing that was the same is the big rock to our right in the old photo and the same rock that's to our left in today's photo.

Very nice Big Man !

All the Best,Fashion Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82