Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Great to see all these nice families of The Lounge

My family ... as opposed to all this ..... nice thread .... whatever... doesn't mean a thing to me.

thats ok too...

We choose who our family are. "There are some things learned best in calm, some in storm." I've had stormy periods in my life, and I've taken a few punches where I least expected it- people who I was sure would be there for my family were nowhere to be seen, full of excuses, apologies, and defensiveness if you asked for a (relatively small) favor.

But for every single one of those helpless people there were at least two or three people who went above and beyond for my family- often people I did not expect to even notice we were in trouble. Sometimes they were nearly strangers.

THOSE people are my family. Love and compassion are FAR thicker than blood.

I have one of the smallest families on earth, in part, because long ago, my father decided to part with a large swath of the family (good choice) and it was a small family to start with. Hence, I too love seeing all these large and impressive families on FL (it makes me feel good just knowing that Big Man's family is out there).

I am with you there---for different reasons though. My famly used to be large but over the years they just about all passed away. I have one uncle and one cousin but I don't see them for the same reason that your father (my mother in this case) parted with. :p

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
A little mouse (named Lily) nibbled the center out of the Meyer lemon pound cake I made.

She did it twice! Stinker.

20150416_111152-1_zpswrqod0jx.jpg

A little mouse (named Lily) nibbled the center out of the Meyer lemon pound cake I made.

The salient part of your post is that you made your pound cake with Meyer lemons - a distinctive and delicious tasting lemon - kudos to you, great choice of lemon. And even with nibbles, that is a handsome looking cake.

That's good stuff!

We also have a little cake loving mouse, and he's been into so many birthday cakes (we have a lot of those at my house) that now no birthday celebration would seem complete without it. He also has been known to get into pies, cookies, and boxes of donuts.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
The salient part of your post is that you made your pound cake with Meyer lemons - a distinctive and delicious tasting lemon - kudos to you, great choice of lemon. And even with nibbles, that is a handsome looking cake.

I got lucky. I was looking for a cake mix (to celebrate Hubby and I meeting), and I came across this one at the grocery. I don't know if Krusteaz is a nationally known brand, but it is here as it is locally manufactured (and was founded here). It was really, really easy to make - just add a LOT of melted butter and water. The only thing I did differently was to use lemon juice to make the glaze (with powdered sugar mix) instead of water. It was very zingy! Definitely will be made again.

krusteaz%20meyer%20lemon%20cake_zpsjab4qg5h.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
That's good stuff!

We also have a little cake loving mouse, and he's been into so many birthday cakes (we have a lot of those at my house) that now no birthday celebration would seem complete without it. He also has been known to get into pies, cookies, and boxes of donuts.

I have found many half-sucked-and-rewrapped Vitamin C drops, courtesy of the little one. She's so curious!

(And the curiosity also explains why she painted her front teeth PINK (!!!!!) with nail polish. She wanted to *be* pink!)

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Big day for us yesterday. She's graduated from her Radio Flyer trike!!! Well, she's gotten tall enough that her knees hit the handlebars, so she "graduated" by default. So now, she has a pink sparkle Radio Flyer scooter. And she LOVES it!!! She is quite the speed demon. The trike will go to a good friend's nephew who is ready for it.

11138559_10152945304634234_3068621111502325839_n_zpsintxsquo.jpg

That's her "just let me ride already, Mama!" look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82