Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
My stepsons are 21 (almost 22) and 20. I swear they are harder to parent now than when I became their mom (they were 4 and 5).

Oh, no. :( I can't imagine how hard Lily will be at that age. She puts me through my parenting paces daily. I love her to pieces, but she's is exhausting!!

Oh, no. :( I can't imagine how hard Lily will be at that age. She puts me through my parenting paces daily. I love her to pieces, but she's is exhausting!!

Imagine how it was for our forefathers. My great grandparents had 13 children. None of them ended up being miscreants or drags on society. Now THAT would be a huge accomplishment today. I wish they were here so I could ask how they managed. :doh:

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Imagine how it was for our forefathers. My great grandparents had 13 children. None of them ended up being miscreants or drags on society. Now THAT would be a huge accomplishment today. I wish they were here so I could ask how they managed. :doh:

My great grandparents had 14 children. I remember my great aunt Ada telling how her mother kept a number of the children busy. Aunt Ada said there were two springs on their farm. She said grandma Brown would tell the children, "the spring near the house is getting low. Go carry some water from the spring up on the hill and fill this one back up." Aunt Ada said that worked for a long time, because as the older children figured out it was just something to keep them occupied, they never told the younger children. Aunt Ada was next to the youngest, and said fell for grandma Brown's "trick" for longer than the rest.

My great grandparents had 14 children. I remember my great aunt Ada telling how her mother kept a number of the children busy. Aunt Ada said there were two springs on their farm. She said grandma Brown would tell the children, "the spring near the house is getting low. Go carry some water from the spring up on the hill and fill this one back up." Aunt Ada said that worked for a long time, because as the older children figured out it was just something to keep them occupied, they never told the younger children. Aunt Ada was next to the youngest, and said fell for grandma Brown's "trick" for longer than the rest.

Hahahahhahahaha!
My great uncle said they spent a lot of time on the tennis court in the back or in the woods hunting pheasant when they were young. Chasing women when they got older. :p Of course in the early twentieth century that means something completely different than it does today. You never "caught" anything---you just chased. :p

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hahahahhahahaha!
My great uncle said they spent a lot of time on the tennis court in the back or in the woods hunting pheasant when they were young. Chasing women when they got older. :p Of course in the early twentieth century that means something completely different than it does today. You never "caught" anything---you just chased. :p

Probably more got "caught" than we think.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up

I think the toughest part is that you can talk until you're blue in the face, but you can no longer ground them or put them in their room for a time-out. You have to watch them make mistakes on their own and realize that they don't care to listen to your words of wisdom. "But mom, you just don't get it." Yes, son, because I was never that age! :eusa_doh:

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
They learn fast enough though. :p Every one has to reinvent the wheel. :p

That's for sure. We went through the ringer with both of them last year. I think one wised up - the other (ironically, the older one) still thinks he's got life figured out. News flash: even I don't have it figured out yet!

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Great to see all these nice families of The Lounge

My family ... as opposed to all this ..... nice thread .... whatever... doesn't mean a thing to me.

thats ok too...

She dumped confetti all over for Hubby tonight. He was less amused about it than I was earlier.

My mantra today: She is precious. Repeated until I believe it. Or until bedtime. Bedtime won.

Tomorrow we start fresh.

Looks like it's time to start thinking about kidproofing my house soon. "Baby," the housemates' seventeen-month-old girl will soon be reaching the magical age of two. Who's to say? From Little Angel to Human Tornado??? :doh: :eeek:

Last edited:
Looks like it's time to start thinking about kidproofing my house soon. "Baby," the housemates' seventeen-month-old girl will soon be reaching the magical age of two. Who's to say? From Little Angel to Human Tornado??? :doh: :eeek:
I tried kidproofing the house.....

but they got in anyway.:p

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab

I remember the day I had to put all of my "pretties" away in a big box and put it in the closet. I cried. Of course Lily'd already broken something, so I was already upset. That was 3+ years ago, and I still don't feel safe having that stuff out and on display. Maybe in a couple more years.

When kidproofing, don't just look down low. Go vertical as well. I remember the first time I caught her standing on the entertainment center trying to get the tv that we'd recently had to wall-mount after catching her poking the screen. I thought "how'd she get up there, and so fast?". She was just past 2 years old. (Of course I had to stop and snap a photo to show Hubby what our little monkey did.)

459d584e-b0a7-4b5c-9e81-7e11fd7fa722_zpsjcko3ljg.jpg

Great to see all these nice families of The Lounge

My family ... as opposed to all this ..... nice thread .... whatever... doesn't mean a thing to me.

thats ok too...

I have one of the smallest families on earth, in part, because long ago, my father decided to part with a large swath of the family (good choice) and it was a small family to start with. Hence, I too love seeing all these large and impressive families on FL (it makes me feel good just knowing that Big Man's family is out there).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82