Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
That is what Heelers are for. Get the squirrel! Good Boy! Time for a dog treat!

hatroomdog.jpg

Guard the hats! Good dog!
I had a blue starting out in 96, but it didn't work out.
She passed away from parvo after 2 weeks.
So I saw a red one for sale in the paper 6 weeks later.
When I arrived, she was the only female left.
I had another family member with me, and when they saw her, they said "you want that one??!!!"
The reason for this reaction, was because the 12wk old puppy was pulling on her mother's tail, shaking it violently, while back peddling as hard as she could. :D
Her father was chained to his dog house, which was chained to the farmer's house, and the dog was lifting his dog house off the ground trying to get to us.
With a blue mother and red father, I ended up with a red one with a blue spot on her tail.
Best dog I've ever owned thusfar.
Although my current red one is a riot, because of her personality.
She guards me or her "mama" but only from the Bedlington, just to keep her away.
Sibling rivalry....

I had a blue starting out in 96, but it didn't work out.
She passed away from parvo after 2 weeks.
So I saw a red one for sale in the paper 6 weeks later.
When I arrived, she was the only female left.
I had another family member with me, and when they saw her, they said "you want that one??!!!"
The reason for this reaction, was because the 12wk old puppy was pulling on her mother's tail, shaking it violently, while back peddling as hard as she could. :D
Her father was chained to his dog house, which was chained to the farmer's house, and the dog was lifting his dog house off the ground trying to get to us.
With a blue mother and red father, I ended up with a red one with a blue spot on her tail.
Best dog I've ever owned thusfar.
Although my current red one is a riot, because of her personality.
She guards me or her "mama" but only from the Bedlington, just to keep her away.
Sibling rivalry....

I've had two blue heelers now. They were both nutty and full of energy. :p They have strange personality quirks like people. :p One liked dangling from a limb of my tangerine tree swinging her legs and this one loves stealing chair cushions. :doh:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I've had two blue heelers now. They were both nutty and full of energy. :p They have strange personality quirks like people. :p One liked dangling from a limb of my tangerine tree swinging her legs and this one loves stealing chair cushions. :doh:

As you know, they are wired to herd.
I pointed this out to my wife when "Kealey" would lay opposite of us forming a triangle, no matter what room we were in.
My wife would move, Kealey would move, I would move, Kealey would move, until we all settled down, and she once again took a point in the "triangle."
Over the 7yrs my wife was around her, she began to notice Kealey would follow her from room to room, going through before her each time.
Then she'd stop to make sure my wife was coming along. About a year into this my wife realized she had become the newest "pup" in the pack. Because Kealey didn't know where to place her, since I was the Alpha, she put my wife as the youngest pup, guarding her, watching out for her safety, and keeping an eye on her at all times from the "triangle" vantage point. She would also stand between my wife and others, including family, even if she knew them. :D
Yes Heelers can become obsessed with a certain item/activity.
Kealey's was round objects (preferably a ball and not a Christmas ornament!), and a knotted rope that she would shake violently while spinning around in circles ala the Tasmanian Devil. I lost count the number of times people would move away from us at the vet's office because they didn't know what she was, and their dogs wouldn't come near her. :p
The current one "Scarlett" is obsessed with Frisbees, a Kong rubber bone belonging to her predecessor, paper towels, and pushing her sister's buttons (to include biting on the snout while she's asleep, grabbing a leg for no good reason, and preventing any access to "mama."
The herding instinct is there with this one, but it's spent making sure the Bedlington is safe/protected.
She's cute but her "wattage" is lower, then again I'm comparing her to a Heeler.
I think she can sense this, so she brings up the rear in a "pushing" fashion with growling and nudging if need be.
Below is a picture of "said" bone, to show you her size. It's a regular Kong bone, not the large breed size.
What we have is a full size tail, a full size tongue, and a little body in between.
scarlettbone.jpg

Last edited:
As you know, they are wired to herd.
I pointed this out to my wife when "Kealey" would lay opposite of us forming a triangle, no matter what room we were in.
My wife would move, Kealey would move, I would move, Kealey would move, until we all settled down, and she once again took a point in the "triangle."
Over the 7yrs my wife was around her, she began to notice Kealey would follow her from room to room, going through before her each time.
Then she'd stop to make sure my wife was coming along. About a year into this my wife realized she had become the newest "pup" in the pack. Because Kealey didn't know where to place her, since I was the Alpha, she put my wife as the youngest pup, guarding her, watching out for her safety, and keeping an eye on her at all times from the "triangle" vantage point. She would also stand between my wife and others, including family, even if she knew them. :D
Yes Heelers can become obsessed with a certain item/activity.
Kealey's was round objects (preferably a ball and not a Christmas ornament!), and a knotted rope that she would shake violently while spinning around in circles ala the Tasmanian Devil. I lost count the number of times people would move away from us at the vet's office because they didn't know what she was, and their dogs wouldn't come near her. :p
The current one "Scarlett" is obsessed with Frisbees, a Kong rubber bone belonging to her predecessor, paper towels, and pushing her sister's buttons (to include biting on the snout while she's asleep, grabbing a leg for no good reason, and preventing any access to "mama."
The herding instinct is there with this one, but it's spent making sure the Bedlington is safe/protected.
She's cute but her "wattage" is lower, then again I'm comparing her to a Heeler.
I think she can sense this, so she brings up the rear in a "pushing" fashion with growling and nudging if need be.
Below is a picture of "said" bone, to show you her size. It's a regular Kong bone, not the large breed size.
What we have is a full size tail, a full size tongue, and a little body in between.
View attachment 7363

A lap dog Heeler. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
A lap dog Heeler. :p
We prefer to call her a "lap full of Heeler" or "a lap full of trouble."
What makes her even cuter, is part of the underdevelopment is in her sinuses.
So when she relaxes, she'll draw in 2 breaths before a long sigh (vocally).
The inhalations vibrate in her nose, resulting in 2 grunts like a pig makes. :D
If we can't find her, we get quiet and listen for that.
She tells on herself soon enough.

I think Santa Claus is a creepy stalker, and here's why:

• He sees you when you're sleeping.
  • He knows when you're awake.
  • He knows if you've been bad or good.
  • He sneaks into your house once a year, eats your cookies, drinks your milk, and leaves without you seeing him.
I won't even go into the whole "likes to have children sit on his lap" thing.

I think Santa Claus is a creepy stalker, and here's why:

• He sees you when you're sleeping.
  • He knows when you're awake.
  • He knows if you've been bad or good.
  • He sneaks into your house once a year, eats your cookies, drinks your milk, and leaves without you seeing him.
I won't even go into the whole "likes to have children sit on his lap" thing.

Eeeeeww

Makes brain eating walking dead look like Disney channel stuff. :p

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley