Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
It's my last day before vacation, yippy!

So....Merry X-mas and Happy New Year everyone! Hope to catch you all in 2014.

xmas2.jpg

X
BD

Ahh... the beerslayer.
That's a really cool jacket Tom. Looks pretty 50s, like what some folks call a Ricky jacket. I'm a big fan of that era, and as much as I dig my leather jacket, I dig "regular Joe" stuff from then even more. It's harder to find those kinds of duds.
Doesn't look like it would be the ticket for the arctic weather up there though. I'll stick to the leather when it gets really cold (which it doesn't do much here thankfully)
Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

I don't know what was ever done with it.

Please tell me you got the head taxidermied for me for Christmas. :p I have just the spot for it. :p

I don't even wanna know what you want that for.

I'll take the butt. I've always wanted the back end of a deer!
Or a head with the eyes popping out and mouth open in a look of total surprise.

It's a bit too heavy to be a Ricky jacket. If it was belted, it'd be identical (except in color) to the one Archie wore on "All in the Family."

Ahh... the beerslayer.
That's a really cool jacket Tom. Looks pretty 50s, like what some folks call a Ricky jacket. I'm a big fan of that era, and as much as I dig my leather jacket, I dig "regular Joe" stuff from then even more. It's harder to find those kinds of duds.
Doesn't look like it would be the ticket for the arctic weather up there though. I'll stick to the leather when it gets really cold (which it doesn't do much here thankfully)
Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Zeus stays outside protecting the yard where dogs belong. The only thing he gets into is my patio and drags cushions around. He can drag all the squirrels and raccoons around he wants though.
I figured this belongs in the excessive posting thread.

With 100 relatives running around on the farm (all Heelers) I can assure you that mine and the others kept ANY small wildlife off their property.
I'd keep mine outside but they steal dogs here. So I don't.
My previous Heeler was an outside dog for about a week.
I got tired of picking up her "prizes" left on the back door step.
Birds, squirrels, rats, you name it, she caught it. And she was only 12wks old.
That one was 85% Dingo, different ear shape, slightly different tooth structure (the canines curved back sharper than my current one), etc.
Got my hand caught in her mouth one time, playing tug of war. I had to push my hand in further to get it out, otherwise I would have torn my hand further. I still have that scar as a reminder of her.
I'm not sure my current one would catch as much, because she hits the ground too hard running after something, so they hear/feel her coming.
My previous one? She could run at full speed in a crouch, each thing she caught never saw her coming. :D

An older picture, about 2yrs before she died. Since we don't get much of it, rooting in the snow was her favorite activity. kealeysnow.jpg

Last edited:
I figured this belongs in the excessive posting thread.

With 100 relatives running around on the farm (all Heelers) I can assure you that mine and the others kept ANY small wildlife off their property.
I'd keep mine outside but they steal dogs here. So I don't.
My previous Heeler was an outside dog for about a week.
I got tired of picking up her "prizes" left on the back door step.
Birds, squirrels, rats, you name it, she caught it. And she was only 12wks old.
That one was 85% Dingo, different ear shape, slightly different tooth structure (the canines curved back sharper than my current one), etc.
Got my hand caught in her mouth one time, playing tug of war. I had to push my hand in further to get it out, otherwise I would have torn my hand further. I still have that scar as a reminder of her.
I'm not sure my current one would catch as much, because she hits the ground too hard running after something, so they hear/feel her coming.
My previous one? She could run at full speed in a crouch, each thing she caught never saw her coming. :D

An older picture, about 2yrs before she died. Since we don't get much of it, rooting in the snow was her favorite activity. View attachment 7338

That is what Heelers are for. Get the squirrel! Good Boy! Time for a dog treat!

hatroomdog.jpg

Guard the hats! Good dog!

Attachments

• 379561e_20.jpg
    379561e_20.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 78

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley