Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
As in a child that has their own I phone?
I'll never forget the first time I saw a neighborhood kid using his phone, while riding his bicycle.
Okay at 8-9hyrs old, unless you are talking to grandma, you shouldn't have anyone to call.
I can just see another one now, on the next block over.
"I got that thing taken care of." "You know, that thing with the lemonade stand, it's taken care of." :D

Last edited:
As in a child that has their own I phone?
I'll never forget the first time I saw a neighborhood kid using his phone, while riding his bicycle.
Okay at 8-9hyrs old, unless you are talking to grandma, you shouldn't have anyone to call.
I can just see another one now, on the next block over.
"I got that thing taken care of." "You know, that thing with the lemonade stand, it's taken care of." :D
I already told my son that he has no need to contact the chairman of the board or his office just yet. Get over it.

I think I finally got a cell phone when I was a teenager, so my parents could reach me if I was out somewhere with my car. It was a 1960, and they were worried about reliability and being able to come get me.

Before that, if I needed a cell phone, my dad would lend me his. I was only allowed to use it to call him for something important, or for him to call me.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I think I finally got a cell phone when I was a teenager, so my parents could reach me if I was out somewhere with my car. It was a 1960, and they were worried about reliability and being able to come get me.

Before that, if I needed a cell phone, my dad would lend me his. I was only allowed to use it to call him for something important, or for him to call me.

Oh the gas station food jokes I could use here....

James, how can he contact the Chairman of The Board?
Old Blue Eyes died years ago. :D

The 60 was safer than the junk you could have been driving. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I was 23 when I got my first cell phone.

When I was 23, we still had pagers. :eeek:
And if standing in the company of other employees with one, and a "beeping" noise went off, the whole conversation would stop while each person checked theirs. ;)
We thought we were high tech, when they came out with "alpha numeric" pagers, that could receive a short message in alpha (letters) OR numbers.

Bechtel...I had to look that one up.
And no I didn't mean he should use the phone for food poisoning, I thought that was an understood risk going into the place. :D
I meant he could use the phone in such emergencies as call his dad to ask how many tacos he wanted, or fish, depending on the day. And that would be tied into how much his body could stand, given each person's tolerance for poisoning from bad food....oh I'm sorry, does the station call it "aged?" My mistake. :p

DH we had those chirpy Nextel's years ago. Every time someone would call me using that feature, I'd make them call me on the regular phone, ESPECIALLY if they chirped and just started talking on the speaker phone. Voices coming out of nowhere, I've got enough of those!

Last edited:
When I was 23, we still had pagers. :eeek:
And if standing in the company of other employees with one, and a "beeping" noise went off, the whole conversation would stop while each person checked theirs. ;)
We thought we were high tech, when they came out with "alpha numeric" pagers, that could receive a short message in alpha (letters) OR numbers.

You're old dude;)

I still have a pager like that for my work, plus now the @#%&ing chirpy phone can get e-mail and texts. AND when I go out on a jobsite sometimes I have a real walkie-talkie type radio to carry around so I can talk to the guys who don't have the other crap.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Bechtel...I had to look that one up.
And no I didn't mean he should use the phone for food poisoning, I thought that was an understood risk going into the place. :D
I meant he could use the phone in such emergencies as call his dad to ask how many tacos he wanted, or fish, depending on the day. And that would be tied into how much his body could stand, given each person's tolerance for poisoning from bad food....oh I'm sorry, does the station call it "aged?" My mistake. :p

You had to look up Bechtel?! :doh:

Aged bad food :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Yes I did, I've never heard of them.
At least not here.

Now the beeper has been replaced with a work cell phone.
Why you ask?
Because there are only so many ring tones that it comes with.
When 65 people get together, a large percentage will have the same ring tone, starting the whole "conversation stopper" back over. [huh]
"Wait I'm getting a call." "No, must be someone else..."

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I've paid the bill on one ever since I've had my own, so I've earned it.

Nobody is questioning whether or not you've paid your dues, I think the only question I have is "what does the fox say?"
No, scratch that.
The only question I have is "Will your dealership be bold enough to claim you are the anti-Dodge dealer?" :D

I'm not an anti-Dodge dealer. I'm actually a fan of MoPar's, and all American cars. Its the Asian market, I don't like infiltrating ours.

Nobody is questioning whether or not you've paid your dues, I think the only question I have is "what does the fox say?"
No, scratch that.
The only question I have is "Will your dealership be bold enough to claim you are the anti-Dodge dealer?" :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun