Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

While we're on transportation, I bought a boat this weekend.

549554_10151058026939330_1476614415_n.jpg

I hope you have water close by. :p

Carl Miller

One of the Regulars
Very nice. The Bandit T/A, coincidentally is on my automotive 'bucket list.'

While we're on transportation, I bought a boat this weekend.

549554_10151058026939330_1476614415_n.jpg

nice boat! what is powering it?

Some guy dropped off a '78 T/A at work a few weeks ago. I grabbed as many goodies as I could before it went to the crusher. [huh]

Well, my parents have a 5 acre pond (obviously not good for such a boat) Luckily our cabin is on the Wisconsin River. I also live half a block from a lake.

I hope you have water close by. :p

I've got a Chevy Caprice Wagon, a Mercury Colony Park Wagon, and a Cadillac Fleetwood, all will make good pullers!

So what do you pull it around with? Or did you have it delivered.

Thank you!

Congrats on the boat Tom!

1964 Johnson 60 Horse, Electric Start.

nice boat! what is powering it?

Some guy dropped off a '78 T/A at work a few weeks ago. I grabbed as many goodies as I could before it went to the crusher. [huh]

The words T/A and Crusher should never be in the same story :(

Ironically, someone offered me $500 for the boat (I paid $100) so if they follow through, I may not own it long!

amador

A-List Customer
Yes, a hobby. Recreational Work is what I call it. I could have paid someone to take down a dead tree on my property but decided to take it down with only a hand pruning saw and some rope. A couple of days and some physiclal work does wonders.

It's always more satisfying when you do the work yourself. I hate having to admit I can't do something. I could use the $400 profit, too. The Caddy is practically riding on racing slicks.

amador

A-List Customer
It's always more satisfying when you do the work yourself. I hate having to admit I can't do something. I could use the $400 profit, too. The Caddy is practically riding on racing slicks.

I think that a new set of tires for your Caddy is better than doing any work at all.
Of course you could then change the tires yourself, given the right tools.

Always, that's roughly four day's work at the plant, after taxes, insurance, 401k and all that fun stuff.

$400 is more satisfying than doing the work yourself. lol lol

And winter's right around the corner! Gotta get through the snow. Never an easy task in RWD.

I think that a new set of tires for your Caddy is better than doing any work at all.
Of course you could then change the tires yourself, given the right tools.

Funny you say that, a friend called me who I saw while on my way to pick up the boat. I told him "I'm buying a boat." He replied "The kind that floats." I told him yes and he said "Well, I had to check with you, you've had plenty of the kind that travel highways."

A land yacht pulling a motor boat. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82