Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

True, but at that point it's my fault not his. He's about as gentle as it gets. Poor guy got jumped by the roomies cat and had no idea what to do. I knocked the cat loose and he ran and hid. He's a lover for sure, not a fighter.

Geez, old Samantha would have eaten the cat. :p In fact, one time my mother was talking to the neighbor across the street and didn't lock the gate good enough. Samantha opened the gate and noticed the neighbor's cat. Suffice it to say that my mother had to knock the cat loose from Samantha in a very different way. :p Samantha and my cats were not exactly friends. Blackie used to goad Samantha into chasing her then she would stand on the fence laughing down at her. :p If Samantha were five years younger at that time, Blackie would have known a lot better real fast. :p Poor old dog used to be able to jump six feet into the air. I have a picture some place of her doing it. :p

My son's mutt, Maverick likes to chew on your hand when you're fighting. You don't get hurt so much as grossed out by all of the goo. He intensely dislikes getting his mouth held shut. I have no clue why? [huh] Maverick (in spite of his great name) isn't neither a lover nor a fighter, he's a serious butt sniffer. Obedience School was embarrassing.

Don't feel too bad. General Patton's dog(bull terrier) Willie was a lover and not at all a fighter. Patton was embarassed by his coward dog. :p His first terrier, Tank, was the complete opposite. :D

Flicka

One Too Many
A friend of a friend has a Cocker Spaniel he wants me to take. Considering it, but not sure. I've been kind of holding out for a King Charles Cavalier. Any opinions?

As a former Cavalier owner (13+ years) I'm partial, but you can't find an easier, friendlier and more puppy-like breed. Very easy to train, low agression and great for flushing out birds and small animals from undervegetation. They also make very nice, self-heating sofa cushions. :p I don't know cockers that well, but the one I do know seem to share in many of those traits.

I'm planning on getting a border terrier next year.

Last edited:

Justin B

One Too Many
A friend of a friend has a Cocker Spaniel he wants me to take. Considering it, but not sure. I've been kind of holding out for a King Charles Cavalier. Any opinions?

My sister has one and I have to admit, she's a cute lil thing. Got a picture of her somewhere as a pup curled up on my chest.

Thanks for the info, everyone.

I'm really partial to the King Charles, because of the puppylike qualities. They're just so expensive, right around 1200, which I have cars I paid less for. A Cocker, like was said, seems to have a lot of similar qualities, so I was hoping that maybe I could go that way and not hurt the old wallet so bad.

Thanks for the info, everyone.

I'm really partial to the King Charles, because of the puppylike qualities. They're just so expensive, right around 1200, which I have cars I paid less for. A Cocker, like was said, seems to have a lot of similar qualities, so I was hoping that maybe I could go that way and not hurt the old wallet so bad.

The word free seems prominent here. :p
I am also sure that the breeders who would charge you that much would also have you fill out oodles of forms and want to perform a background check on you.:rolleyes: I decided to stay with Zeus' breed because other breeds were insanely expensive and wanted you to fill out tons of forms and sign contracts in all forms. It was just crazy. Fortunately, I found my breeder and they were much more owner friendly. No forms and contracts. Zeus comes with papers and an owner's packet that I take home with me. The breeder was also not trying to gouge anyone. I saw sources out there that had ACDs costing between $800 and $1500. These were not show dogs either. :eusa_doh:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

My favorite dog that we've owned was a Great Pyrenees that we had for a month (the wife was allergic to the hair). I met EVERYBODY. They're huge and hairy, and it gets cool enough to have one in the North (like Wisconsin).

Later

Hi

My favorite dog that we've owned was a Great Pyrenees that we had for a month (the wife was allergic to the hair). I met EVERYBODY. They're huge and hairy, and it gets cool enough to have one in the North (like Wisconsin).

Later

And the children can ride them. :p
great-pyrenees-21376215.jpg

Is that a hint? lol

(like Wisconsin).

Later

As to Newfoundland's, which were mentioned earlier, I love them. My grandma has one and he is a fantastic dog.

Yeah, I don't get all the forms for a dog, either. We had a Black and Tan Coonhound when I was a kid. The neighbor's dog had puppies, didn't want them, so we got one. It was commonplace in those parts and in those days. Then when he passed, we had an AKC purebred Yellow Lab, no forms, just paid for him and that was that.

The word free seems prominent here. :p
I am also sure that the breeders who would charge you that much would also have you fill out oodles of forms and want to perform a background check on you.:rolleyes: I decided to stay with Zeus' breed because other breeds were insanely expensive and wanted you to fill out tons of forms and sign contracts in all forms. It was just crazy. Fortunately, I found my breeder and they were much more owner friendly. No forms and contracts. Zeus comes with papers and an owner's packet that I take home with me. The breeder was also not trying to gouge anyone. I saw sources out there that had ACDs costing between $800 and $1500. These were not show dogs either. :eusa_doh:

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
:p
[video=youtube;zqi0DwNLJdM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqi0DwNLJdM[/video]

Oh boy.

There was a final Jeopardy category (Music Legends) from a while back that read:

"His 2003 People Magazine Obituary was headlined 'Fade to Black' "

This woman answered Chris Farley. lol

I'm having some trouble posting the video on here. So here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo1E-yF3sw4

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
This is always the thread saver. :p:D

1. Jamespowers (94)
2. ButteMT61 (90)
3. Edward (60)
4. Two Types (60)
5. Baron Kurtz (44)