Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Justin B

One Too Many
Any animal if not taken care of can be a problem.

Maurice get brushed daily, gets a bath once a month or as needed. I make sure his crate and toys stay clean, and I keep the yard free of "land mines".

Just tossing an animal outdoors and saying they like it better isn't being responsible. That animal is depending on you to provide for it because they aren't wild creatures. I'd never put Maurice out in the yard full time. We're 100+ degrees thoughout the day here and that'd just be cruel. Besides...I like get a morning cuddle with my (not so)little guy.

Any animal if not taken care of can be a problem.

Maurice get brushed daily, gets a bath once a month or as needed. I make sure his crate and toys stay clean, and I keep the yard free of "land mines".

Just tossing an animal outdoors and saying they like it better isn't being responsible. That animal is depending on you to provide for it because they aren't wild creatures. I'd never put Maurice out in the yard full time. We're 100+ degrees thoughout the day here and that'd just be cruel. Besides...I like get a morning cuddle with my (not so)little guy.

If he jumps on you while you are in bed, you are going to need a cast. :p lol lol

Every animal I ever had has been a solely outside animal. My last dog, Samantha, hated going in the house. I would have to bribe her with food to go in. Then again, Australian Cattle Dogs are a hardy lot and bred to be outside dogs from their fur down to their super intelligence. That intelligence thing can be a problem when they start outwitting you though. They eat fruit from the trees and vegetables from the vine and likely could feed themselves if let alone in a good area---like my backyard full of fruit trees and squirrels. :p

J.W.

A-List Customer
But that is just the point: there are working dogs and family dogs. A working dog that is bred for working with sheep and cattle can't be compared to the ordinary family dog, that gets taken on his daily walks and is supposed to add some value to family life. Those dogs have a purpose that is rooted in their genes. I don't think I'd want a dog like that, unless I had a herd of sheep in the backyard.
Heck, our dog wouldn't even tell us if there were burglars in the house, she'd hide under my desk, hoping that she won't get stolen. But we love her, just for being there and making us smile almost every time we look at her. But I'd not want to have a dog that lives outside all of the time. Here in Germany, the opinion is that "outside" dogs are never as friendly with and attached to their humans, as dogs living in a house.

But that is just the point: there are working dogs and family dogs. A working dog that is bred for working with sheep and cattle can't be compared to the ordinary family dog, that gets taken on his daily walks and is supposed to add some value to family life. Those dogs have a purpose that is rooted in their genes. I don't think I'd want a dog like that, unless I had a herd of sheep in the backyard.
Heck, our dog wouldn't even tell us if there were burglars in the house, she'd hide under my desk, hoping that she won't get stolen. But we love her, just for being there and making us smile almost every time we look at her. But I'd not want to have a dog that lives outside all of the time. Here in Germany, the opinion is that "outside" dogs are never as friendly with and attached to their humans, as dogs living in a house.

My dogs have always earned their keep and that is what dogs were domesticated for in the beginning anyway. You watch my yard and alert me of danger and I feed you and take care of you. That was the original agreement and I see no reason to change it. :p I also live on a 1/4 acre and it needs watching.
If you want to test attachment, you could have tried to even touch one of my sons without consent and see what the dog would do to you. :p lol She also watched the boys and made sure that they were safe as they played. If anything went wrong she would come and get me or I could hear her call.
I couldn't imagine having a dog any other way.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...ially-increase-suicide-risk-article-1.1106702

Reason #3,457,673 why dogs are better than cats.

Dogs are used as therapy and service animals.

Ever seen a seeing eye cat? No...

but that would be kinda funny...

Wouldn't that be a hoot? You'd be sitting in the living room by the window for three hours waiting for your seeing-eye-cat to finish its nap. Then you'd end up outside under some bushes, into the back alley for lunch and then indoors again for another nap.

Now a dog...there's a fine animal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82