Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

rue

It's because neighbors are very friendly on the right side of the U.S.A...rue. They like the openess of no fence so they can wander over the property line easier to bring apple pies..friendly hugs...gossip...borrow tools...and invite themselves when they can see you are having a BBQ..!
HD

I never had a neighbor do that before we put the fence up. They just borrowed eggs :p

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Well, we had to put Calie the cat down. She had a tumor in her bronchus and was having trouble breathing. She was a perfect cat. She would come when I whisled. She had previously survived abandonment and life as a ferrel cat. She was taken in by an elderly couple for a couple of years. Husband died at age 92 and wife went to California to live with grown up kids. Calie survived at the homestead by eating field mice and birds and avoiding the coyotes by jumping on the house roof. We bought the 7 acres on the Snake River and she allowed us to stay. Wonderful cat. In her next lifetime she will come back as a human.
She had a tumor in her chest, like I did about 5 years ago which I survived. Linda had to go to the Vet to put her down. Reminded her of her mother's death from a chest tumor from smoking. So we are both very emotional about this. She fulfilled her role as the perfect pet, allowing us to get in touch with some of the emotions we had about our own personal trials. I miss that cat. I have not waxed poetic yet, the grief is too near.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. :( I lost my baby Percy in December & still miss him. So, I understand what you're going through...

The Good

Call Me a Cab
School's been very rough lately. I've had a lot to deal with the past couple of weeks (two essays were due, a recent midterm, short answers posted online), so I haven't quite been able to arrive at a point I'd feel more comfortable about my progress. I've got a midterm for my Modernist Fiction course this Wednesday. I've read the works covered in class up to this point, but I've also been trying since last week to re-read the novels. I did pretty good with Quicksand yesterday, I'm currently finishing the rest of Dubliner's right now, and I'm going to attempt to read Manhattan Transfer again tomorrow, 300 pages. Wish me luck, everyone.

Justin B

One Too Many
Thanks J.W.

Had a good one from my Mom last night on facebook. I was lamenting the fact that I have been unable to find an Irish Setter in Texas. Her reply?

"Well St. Patty's day is coming up, maybe a nice English Spaniel will convert."

I love my Mom.

rue

School's been very rough lately. I've had a lot to deal with the past couple of weeks (two essays were due, a recent midterm, short answers posted online), so I haven't quite been able to arrive at a point I'd feel more comfortable about my progress. I've got a midterm for my Modernist Fiction course this Wednesday. I've read the works covered in class up to this point, but I've also been trying since last week to re-read the novels. I did pretty good with Quicksand yesterday, I'm currently finishing the rest of Dubliner's right now, and I'm going to attempt to read Manhattan Transfer again tomorrow, 300 pages. Wish me luck, everyone.
Good luck! :)
Thanks J.W.

Had a good one from my Mom last night on facebook. I was lamenting the fact that I have been unable to find an Irish Setter in Texas. Her reply?

"Well St. Patty's day is coming up, maybe a nice English Spaniel will convert."

I love my Mom.

I think I love your mom too.... that's hilarious lol

Justin B

One Too Many
Well, I did it. I got me a dog. Now I just have to arrange shipping to get him here. Anyone in the Gordonville, PA (Philadelphia, PA Baltimore, MD) area that would like to help me out?

6959852179_0320df1a77.jpg

I'm weak. I couldn't resist.

Last edited:

Justin B

One Too Many
Yup. The pups name is Maurice. Working out shipping details currently. Originally quoted $480 for shipping...

Think we're going to get it worked out for around $250.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82