Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Justin B

One Too Many
It's not the puppy bit I mind. I love puppies (who doesn't?). I like the training and growing together. The part I object to is the buying bit. Almost all my dogs have been rescues. I believe in giving dogs homes that need them. But the rescue organizations have made it such a pain in the butt to deal with...I'm do with it.

We got ours from the humane society. Ironically, I think it depends where you go. We tried to get one from Columbia County and they made it a pain and wanted to come visit our house a few times and we wanted a cat, too, and that was an issue. They made the whole thing very difficult.

We went over to Sauk County, got the dog no problem. Dad and I were looking at a cat and the lady asked, "do you want the cat, too? We'll start the paperwork right now." You can't ask for better service than that!

Here's a partial antidote for you: Colin Firth's rig at this years Oscars.

68418559.jpg
colin-firth-the-oscars-academy-awards-2012---1330318469-view-1.jpg

And Hugh Jackman's rig at the 2009 Oscars:

AcademyAwardsbeyonce-nipple14-1.jpg
feb23_beyonceperformn.jpg

I just wish Firth would have used black studs. They stand out so much better.

Hugh Jackman is a nice example .

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
*Big sigh*

I have decided that it's time for a new furry companion. I want another Irish Setter and have made up my mind I'm going to get one. Started the process Monday, filling out adoption applications with the three local rescue groups.

Fast forward to yesterday. Start making calls to follow up as there are a lot of dogs right now looking for homes. First guys was so snotty about everything, and then said "...you might not have the experiance needed for a setter." Uh, what? This ain't my first rodeo cowboy. Not even close. I grew up raising AKC Keeshonds, and have rescued over a dozen dogs in my lifetime from Pomeranians to Great Danes, including Setters.

Whatever, on to the next group who has a beautiful yearling male pup who when I saw his picture I teared up a bit. Girl on the phone was nice enough...till she found out I have a Jeep and go wheeling. Yes, the dog would likely go with me. Yes, I'd have the top off. Yes, the dog would be secured in a harness. (Nothing worse than getting licked in the ear while trying to manuever down a hill.) Sorry, the dog might get hurt so you can't have one. *blink* I thought dogs bred for hunting and outdoor sports might be perfect for wheeling, camping, and hunting. My bad.

Last guy was the worst though. he got me so wound up I was ready to reach through the phone and choke him like I was Darth Vader. I actually yelled at him, which was probably one of a dozen or so times in my entire life I have ever raised my voice at someone. In the end I more or less told him I hoped his pecker burst into flames and he died a slow and painful death. Not subtle or politic, but at that point...called for.

Sooo...I'm thinking about doing what I really didn't think I ever would...I'm looking at buying a puppy.

I hope you get your puppy JB.

I was watching the news yesterday (why this was news, I have no idea) and they were talking about the most popular dogs. Number one is the Labrador Retriever. Second is a German Shepherd. Third is a Beagle.

My mom had a German Shepherd when she was younger (ironically named Kitty because they thought it was funny) that chased bumblebees in the backyard. lol

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
We got ours from the humane society. Ironically, I think it depends where you go. We tried to get one from Columbia County and they made it a pain and wanted to come visit our house a few times and we wanted a cat, too, and that was an issue. They made the whole thing very difficult.

We went over to Sauk County, got the dog no problem. Dad and I were looking at a cat and the lady asked, "do you want the cat, too? We'll start the paperwork right now." You can't ask for better service than that!

Gosh, adopting a pet is almost as bad as trying to adopt a child! :p

Kahretsin, Jim! Ben bir doktor bir derviş değilim!
(Dammit, Jim! I'm a Doctor not a Dervish!)

Turkish Star Trek :p
This is not Star Trek dubbed in Turkish but entirely their own version

[video=youtube;APBjyBKq86k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APBjyBKq86k[/video]

And as an added attraction: Turkish Superman

[video=youtube;5cVM9sADdT0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cVM9sADdT0[/video]

Last edited:
As we further explore the wonders of Turkish cinema, hitherto unseen in the West (for very good reason), behold the 1982 classic The Man Who Saved the World, aka Turkish Star Wars. :p lol

[video=youtube;tx7PYAAOwxE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx7PYAAOwxE[/video]

Last edited:

rue

It's not the puppy bit I mind. I love puppies (who doesn't?). I like the training and growing together. The part I object to is the buying bit. Almost all my dogs have been rescues. I believe in giving dogs homes that need them. But the rescue organizations have made it such a pain in the butt to deal with...I'm do with it.

It'll all work out Justin. Your dog is out there :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82