Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

35491.jpg

Didn't get any valentines this year, so thought I'd share this one.

X
BD

Don't feel bad. Neither did I. My Valentines was very quiet, cold, and lonely. [goes to a corner to cry]

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
BTW BD, I love collecting vintage Valentines Day cards. I have quite a few of them. Boy that sounds really lame. lol

-----------

I am all Oscared-out today. I'm actually kind of disappointed about the best picture winner to be honest (don't kill me!). Plus, it's cold and rainy outside, so that's not really helping either. Oh-well. I'm off to get some food and work on some more crafts. Hope everybody is okay today. :)

BTW BD, I love collecting vintage Valentines Day cards. I have quite a few of them. Boy that sounds really lame. lol

-----------

I am all Oscared-out today. I'm actually kind of disappointed about the best picture winner to be honest (don't kill me!). Plus, it's cold and rainy outside, so that's not really helping either. Oh-well. I'm off to get some food and work on some more crafts. Hope everybody is okay today. :)

I think my mother saved tons of mine in a scrap book. I have not come across it lately but I think it is ther. :p

You watched the Oscars? :p

rue

I think I was near there last year. I went to the Vintage Textile show in Burbank last October and I noticed an equestrian park right across from the parking lot. I'm almost sure it was the Los Angeles Equestrian Center. I didn't realize how close the show was from Griffith Park until I looked at it on a map (it was my first time driving there). I remember after the show, I couldn't resist visiting Travel Town and the old carousel on the way back.

I've always been meaning to go back and visit the Santa Anita Race track again. I haven't been there in a really long time (always see it when I am visiting the Santa Anita mall or when my Dad is watching the show Luck on TV--lol). The last event I went to there was a friend's graduation, which I think was about 10 years ago! Yikes! I feel really old now! lol

Sorry it took me a while to reply back to you.

They still have the carousel??? That's great! :)

I'm sorry to hear that Rue. :(

Take the time that you need. Every once and while, when things get hectic, I take breaks from the Lounge to clear my head.

Also, you're not alone. You have many friends here that care about you.

[gives hug]

Thank you DD :hug:

Justin B

One Too Many
*Big sigh*

I have decided that it's time for a new furry companion. I want another Irish Setter and have made up my mind I'm going to get one. Started the process Monday, filling out adoption applications with the three local rescue groups.

Fast forward to yesterday. Start making calls to follow up as there are a lot of dogs right now looking for homes. First guys was so snotty about everything, and then said "...you might not have the experiance needed for a setter." Uh, what? This ain't my first rodeo cowboy. Not even close. I grew up raising AKC Keeshonds, and have rescued over a dozen dogs in my lifetime from Pomeranians to Great Danes, including Setters.

Whatever, on to the next group who has a beautiful yearling male pup who when I saw his picture I teared up a bit. Girl on the phone was nice enough...till she found out I have a Jeep and go wheeling. Yes, the dog would likely go with me. Yes, I'd have the top off. Yes, the dog would be secured in a harness. (Nothing worse than getting licked in the ear while trying to manuever down a hill.) Sorry, the dog might get hurt so you can't have one. *blink* I thought dogs bred for hunting and outdoor sports might be perfect for wheeling, camping, and hunting. My bad.

Last guy was the worst though. he got me so wound up I was ready to reach through the phone and choke him like I was Darth Vader. I actually yelled at him, which was probably one of a dozen or so times in my entire life I have ever raised my voice at someone. In the end I more or less told him I hoped his pecker burst into flames and he died a slow and painful death. Not subtle or politic, but at that point...called for.

Sooo...I'm thinking about doing what I really didn't think I ever would...I'm looking at buying a puppy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82