Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Examples of heavily used Aero leather?

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I've been basically wearing my jacket at home even when sleeping since winter arrived, while watching movies, surfind forums or playing videogames. I even wear the jacket while cooking, eating, doing the dishes and cleaning the house. Basically all the time at home and spray it quite often during the day. Even my cat loves sleeping over me when I'm taking a nap on the sofa (No worries, I'm never going to sell this Aero)

Jacket just feels like a glove now, it has adapted to me like I wouldn't have thought, it was very tight at the shoulders when I first got it and now is very comfortable. Although I have to say that my leather is not heavy at all, Horween medium weight I would say, old leather batch from the 90s
Funny how sellers everywhere advertise their Genuine vintage clothing items as from a "Smoke and Pet free home". When you look at old news clips or films from the so called golden era so many people smoked, and right up to the 1990s too. So that old Aero etc that is 20+ years old may now be from a pet and smoke free home but should someone complain about odour from a 50 year old garment really have a reason to complain. Smoke odour lingers, it's the unwashed denim jean you need to worry about:eek:

willyto

One Too Many
You are one sick monkey. :D

I might be but I'm still wearing my jacket and earning every crease and mark :p

Funny how sellers everywhere advertise their Genuine vintage clothing items as from a "Smoke and Pet free home". When you look at old news clips or films from the so called golden era so many people smoked, and right up to the 1990s too. So that old Aero etc that is 20+ years old may now be from a pet and smoke free home but should someone complain about odour from a 50 year old garment really have a reason to complain. Smoke odour lingers, it's the unwashed denim jean you need to worry about:eek:

I find it funny too... one of those tricks sellers use to promote their items and make them look better in the eyes of any potential buyers.

The more fun adds are the ones with "Clean and odor free garment, great condition" and you can see that the leather is cracking everywhere or the jacket when arrives smells as a 70 years old jacket does when it's been stored for decades. Also I love the new trend of "Leather jacket project" like this one: Ebay jacket destroyed

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
With this FQHH, a little spray here and there won't leave dent, the water drops just fall to the ground due to the wax. i put it under the shower (on the outside) and it's still dry! not until i wet it from the lining side. then I wore it, did gymnastics in the bathroom, and blow dried it while wearing it

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Thats a great one Willy. Looking how flat the arms are I suspect it has been stored with half a ton of other stuff on top of it. I doubt it would ever drape naturally even if you boiled it in leather restorer.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is so true! When buying old jackets I always forget to worry about the vintage odor until I am holding my new jacket for the first time. As discussed in other threads, there are many ways to remove or dissipate these odors and that begins the process of making the garment our own. Only once did I return a jacket due to smoke odor and that was an extreme case, it smelled like an ashtray potpourri!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun