Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Engineer boots are the coolest style for me, I'm still reaching for them first every single time since I bought mine. Something about having that much leather around your legs is nice.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Agreed. I also find them quite comfortable if you can get the fit right.
I have pretty average feet except my toes are super wide, enough where I think most boots will not fit me comfortably. One thing I found pretty nice about engineers is they do offer round lasts. Not the "rounded lasts" that are tapered and rounded only at the tip, but proper rounded around the whole forefoot area. All the service boots that I have do not fit my forefoot as well as my engineers do.

Service boots lock in my heel so it doesn't slip at all, but never fit my forefoot as well unless I get one of those munson duck feet shaped ones.

My moto engineers are in my top 2 most comfortable boots, although I haven't tried all of the anatomical shaped stuff.

TelemarkTumalo

One of the Regulars
As an old friend of mine used to say about our personal preferences.... "there is an ass for every seat", it is the same with boots. There really is not one last or design that works for all of us. My experience with engineer boots is much more limited than with my lace up boots. Obviously, there is just much more adjustability with lace up designs. Further, an engineer boot must allow for entry and exit. Imagine trying to put on a 6" service boot with the laces tied. It would be great to hear from a bootmaker who makes both engineer and lace up boots, about the challenges of making an engineer fit well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally