Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Walker Engineer Boot

PeterRocco

Practically Family

Attachments

• IMG_8182.png
    IMG_8182.png
    714.2 KB · Views: 11

Trouser Bark

Familiar Face
Here's a question: I have a terrible time getting these boots on...
View attachment 637367
I can't easily get my heel into the cup because this piece folds over and blocks my foot.....

The shaft is pretty narrow…
Any helpful ideas?

Yepper. Boot hooks will definitely help and you'll prefer them to a long shoe horn once you've tried them. They're usually sold in pairs such that you can hook them on the two leather loops on each side of a boot shaft. In instances where a boot only has a loop at the rear it works even better in situations similar to what you describe. The reason is that as the top of the shaft is hooked and pulled upward the fold above the heel disappears and with a gentle tug your foot slides straight home.

PeterRocco

Practically Family
Yepper. Boot hooks will definitely help and you'll prefer them to a long shoe horn once you've tried them. They're usually sold in pairs such that you can hook them on the two leather loops on each side of a boot shaft. In instances where a boot only has a loop at the rear it works even better in situations similar to what you describe. The reason is that as the top of the shaft is hooked and pulled upward the fold above the heel disappears and with a gentle tug your foot slides straight home.
Thanks for sharing your experience with these hooks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1