Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Electric Leather Studio

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
I want one of their jackets, the Highway. Do they even ship internationally? Any idea what the lead time is?

Last edited:

Graemsay

Practically Family
Just posted on Instagram, a two-tone leather shirt.

Electric Leather Studio Shirt.jpg

Togs

New in Town
I just paid today for a Highway that I should receive before end of July, can’t wait.
Did you connect with ELS on your earlier questions about international shipping and lead time? Wondering what your experience of them has been so far.

For your Highway, did you go stock or custom garment measurements?

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
Did you connect with ELS on your earlier questions about international shipping and lead time? Wondering what your experience of them has been so far.

For your Highway, did you go stock or custom garment measurements?
I emailed them, got a prompt response.

Process is a bit unusual I guess as you’re not asked for a deposit or anything, I was just told they’d contact me again right before production started, approx. 6 weeks after I placed the order on the 12th of May.

And so they did, right when they told me (end of June, got an email on the 30th).

Initially I went for a standard size 40 but expressed my concern about length, as I had just received an Aero Premier Highwayman in size 40 which with a 24 inch back was on the verge of being too short, and the Electric one is even shorter going by measurements.

They asked for pics so I sent pics of me wearing the Aero and also an Addict AD-01 which at 26 inch back is a bit too long and said ideally I’d get something in between those two. They noticed the sleeves on my Addict were also a bit shorter than ideal so they said I’d need longer sleeves.

In the end I’ve no idea what lengths they’ll go for.

There’s a 15k yen surcharge for body length adjustements, 6k yen for sleeve length adjustements and 11k for overseas shipping, so yeah not cheap.

Also they said there was a new design for the Highway (buttons instead of zipper and different pockets) but that I could choose the older design, so I went for the latter.

I was quoted 2 weeks for the jacket to ship.

English is good or ar least not worse than mine.

Togs

New in Town

Thank you for the detailed account. It sounds like a positive experience. The additional surcharges for pattern adjustment and shipping are commensurate with my experience of Japanese makers.

Good luck with the two-week wait, and please report back. I expect the jacket to be beautifully made.

tuanhng614

Familiar Face

Process is a bit unusual I guess as you’re not asked for a deposit or anything, I was just told they’d contact me again right before production started, approx. 6 weeks after I placed the order on the 12th of May.

And so they did, right when they told me (end of June, got an email on the 30th).

Initially I went for a standard size 40 but expressed my concern about length, as I had just received an Aero Premier Highwayman in size 40 which with a 24 inch back was on the verge of being too short, and the Electric one is even shorter going by measurements.

They asked for pics so I sent pics of me wearing the Aero and also an Addict AD-01 which at 26 inch back is a bit too long and said ideally I’d get something in between those two. They noticed the sleeves on my Addict were also a bit shorter than ideal so they said I’d need longer sleeves.

In the end I’ve no idea what lengths they’ll go for.

There’s a 15k yen surcharge for body length adjustements, 6k yen for sleeve length adjustements and 11k for overseas shipping, so yeah not cheap.

Also they said there was a new design for the Highway (buttons instead of zipper and different pockets) but that I could choose the older design, so I went for the latter.

I was quoted 2 weeks for the jacket to ship.

English is good or ar least not worse than mine.
I would love to see the buttoned jacket from ELS.

I was able to snatch a used ELS Twist jacket back in December of last year. It was my standard size 36. It’s a bit tight compared to my RC Hercules jacket also in size 36.

Their pattern is on slimmer side comparing to other Japanese makers.

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
Yea, there’s minor difference in the design where the handwarmer pocket is. Even though they are minor changes, the feel on each jacket gives different vibes.

What color did you order?
Same colour as the pic above with the older design.

I think they mentioned changes in the collar too, new looks smaller/less 70s.

Edit: meant 70s not 80s.

Last edited:

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
@MickeyPunch, I've been thinking about you and your order with Electric Leather Studio. Any update on your jacket? I saw this beauty on their Instagram, and wonder if it's yours.

I'm heading to Tokyo later this year, and am considering starting a project with them.
Pretty sure it is! The jacket arrived yesterday, and it’s awesome.

Construction and leather seem great to me but I’m not super picky about either and don’t inspect every stitch, I like leather jackets mostly because of how they look. That’s why I was drawn to ELS as I couldn’t find anything like what they are doing (or what he is doing, seems to me like a one man shop).

I came across this brand due to this guy, whose style I like a lot:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz19ZDOuOcK/?igsh=cDB5aHY1c3RwZw==

I really liked his jacket, and how it fit him (except for the sleeves which are too short).

In terms of fit there’s a couple of things I’d change: I’d prefer if it was a bit shorter, and the sleeves a bit trimmer. Re. length as I mentioned on a previous comment I sent pics of the Aero Premier Highwayman that at 24 inches (size 40) was almost too short and my Addict AD-01 which I felt was a bit too long at 26 inches (size 38), and asked for something in between, and that’s exactly what I got but now I see that the length of the Aero would’ve worked great with the style of this jacket. Ditto for slightly trimmer sleeves like the ones in my Addict. I got a size 40 with longer body and sleeves (I’m 180cms/5’11)..

As for the leather, it’s fairly soft and pliable calfskin. Slightly squeaky bot nothing like the Baladassi in my Aero.

Also, some communication issue (my fault): he said this style (the Highway) had been redesigned: collar, pocket design and closure method (snap buttons instead of zipper) but I preferred the old style and replied “I prefer the old design, both in terms of closure method and pocket design”, but forgot about the collar, so I got the new design. I think this is a happy accident because the new collar design works great IMO and in some pics the old one seems a bit too much.

If you go to the store and get measured and try on some jackets there I don’t think you can go wrong.

Last edited:

Togs

New in Town
Thank you for the detailed post, and sharing your thoughts and inspiration. I bet it looks stunning on you. Extending congratulations - wear it in good health - and excited to hear how your thoughts and the jacket change over time.

With ELS, it feels like we’re just scratching the surface.

tuanhng614

Familiar Face
Pretty sure it is! The jacket arrived yesterday, and it’s awesome.

Construction and leather seem great to me but I’m not super picky about either and don’t inspect every stitch, I like leather jackets mostly because of how they look. That’s why I was drawn to ELS as I couldn’t find anything like what they are doing (or what he is doing, seems to me like a one man shop).

I came across this brand due to this guy, whose style I like a lot:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz19ZDOuOcK/?igsh=cDB5aHY1c3RwZw==

I really liked his jacket, and how it fit him (except for the sleeves which are too short).

In terms of fit there’s a couple of things I’d change: I’d prefer if it was a bit shorter, and the sleeves a bit trimmer. Re. length as I mentioned on a previous comment I sent pics of the Aero Premier Highwayman that at 24 inches (size 40) was almost too short and my Addict AD-01 which I felt was a bit too long at 26 inches (size 38), and asked for something in between, and that’s exactly what I got but now I see that the length of the Aero would’ve worked great with the style of this jacket. Ditto for slightly trimmer sleeves like the ones in my Addict. I got a size 40 with longer body and sleeves (I’m 180cms/5’11)..

As for the leather, it’s fairly soft and pliable calfskin. Slightly squeaky bot nothing like the Baladassi in my Aero.

Also, some communication issue (my fault): he said this style (the Highway) had been redesigned: collar, pocket design and closure method (snap buttons instead of zipper) but I preferred the old style and replied “I prefer the old design, both in terms of closure method and pocket design”, but forgot about the collar, so I got the new design. I think this is a happy accident because the new collar design works great IMO and in some pics the old one seems a bit too much.

If you go to the store and get measured and try on some jackets there I don’t think you can go wrong.
Waiting to see your fit pics and the stunning jacket!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads