Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Electric Leather Studio

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
I want one of their jackets, the Highway. Do they even ship internationally? Any idea what the lead time is?

Last edited:

Graemsay

Practically Family
Just posted on Instagram, a two-tone leather shirt.

Electric Leather Studio Shirt.jpg

Togs

New in Town
I just paid today for a Highway that I should receive before end of July, can’t wait.
Did you connect with ELS on your earlier questions about international shipping and lead time? Wondering what your experience of them has been so far.

For your Highway, did you go stock or custom garment measurements?

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
Did you connect with ELS on your earlier questions about international shipping and lead time? Wondering what your experience of them has been so far.

For your Highway, did you go stock or custom garment measurements?
I emailed them, got a prompt response.

Process is a bit unusual I guess as you’re not asked for a deposit or anything, I was just told they’d contact me again right before production started, approx. 6 weeks after I placed the order on the 12th of May.

And so they did, right when they told me (end of June, got an email on the 30th).

Initially I went for a standard size 40 but expressed my concern about length, as I had just received an Aero Premier Highwayman in size 40 which with a 24 inch back was on the verge of being too short, and the Electric one is even shorter going by measurements.

They asked for pics so I sent pics of me wearing the Aero and also an Addict AD-01 which at 26 inch back is a bit too long and said ideally I’d get something in between those two. They noticed the sleeves on my Addict were also a bit shorter than ideal so they said I’d need longer sleeves.

In the end I’ve no idea what lengths they’ll go for.

There’s a 15k yen surcharge for body length adjustements, 6k yen for sleeve length adjustements and 11k for overseas shipping, so yeah not cheap.

Also they said there was a new design for the Highway (buttons instead of zipper and different pockets) but that I could choose the older design, so I went for the latter.

I was quoted 2 weeks for the jacket to ship.

English is good or ar least not worse than mine.

Togs

New in Town

Thank you for the detailed account. It sounds like a positive experience. The additional surcharges for pattern adjustment and shipping are commensurate with my experience of Japanese makers.

Good luck with the two-week wait, and please report back. I expect the jacket to be beautifully made.

tuanhng614

Familiar Face

Process is a bit unusual I guess as you’re not asked for a deposit or anything, I was just told they’d contact me again right before production started, approx. 6 weeks after I placed the order on the 12th of May.

And so they did, right when they told me (end of June, got an email on the 30th).

Initially I went for a standard size 40 but expressed my concern about length, as I had just received an Aero Premier Highwayman in size 40 which with a 24 inch back was on the verge of being too short, and the Electric one is even shorter going by measurements.

They asked for pics so I sent pics of me wearing the Aero and also an Addict AD-01 which at 26 inch back is a bit too long and said ideally I’d get something in between those two. They noticed the sleeves on my Addict were also a bit shorter than ideal so they said I’d need longer sleeves.

In the end I’ve no idea what lengths they’ll go for.

There’s a 15k yen surcharge for body length adjustements, 6k yen for sleeve length adjustements and 11k for overseas shipping, so yeah not cheap.

Also they said there was a new design for the Highway (buttons instead of zipper and different pockets) but that I could choose the older design, so I went for the latter.

I was quoted 2 weeks for the jacket to ship.

English is good or ar least not worse than mine.
I would love to see the buttoned jacket from ELS.

I was able to snatch a used ELS Twist jacket back in December of last year. It was my standard size 36. It’s a bit tight compared to my RC Hercules jacket also in size 36.

Their pattern is on slimmer side comparing to other Japanese makers.

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
Yea, there’s minor difference in the design where the handwarmer pocket is. Even though they are minor changes, the feel on each jacket gives different vibes.

What color did you order?
Same colour as the pic above with the older design.

I think they mentioned changes in the collar too, new looks smaller/less 70s.

Edit: meant 70s not 80s.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Good Citizen Az