Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
It is always great to find such history in a hat. Congrats.

So here's an interesting hat that I found on the bay. I haven't really seen a Dobbs with the 3 stitch brim edge before although with the loss of early photos on the site it's hard to tell. The brim is somewhat stiff and the crown is pretty pliable, kind of a cool hat, price tag, but no liner.

The most interesting thing about the hat is it's former owner Dr Arthur T Kemper... or should I say his father Dr GWH Kemper (General William Harrison) who was a Civil War General that was a surgeon. I found that part really appeals to the history buff in me. Last photo is from the Library of Congress.

The tag is 50's and since the original owner died in 1954 that would seriously narrow down the hat's date to 70 years old or more.

So here's an interesting hat that I found on the bay. I haven't really seen a Dobbs with the 3 stitch brim edge before although with the loss of early photos on the site it's hard to tell. The brim is somewhat stiff and the crown is pretty pliable, kind of a cool hat, price tag, but no liner.

The most interesting thing about the hat is it's former owner Dr Arthur T Kemper... or should I say his father Dr GWH Kemper (General William Harrison) who was a Civil War General that was a surgeon. I found that part really appeals to the history buff in me. Last photo is from the Library of Congress.

The tag is 50's and since the original owner died in 1954 that would seriously narrow down the hat's date to 70 years old or more.
Nice find! Good idea Arthur had with the rubber stamp. General Kemper died in 1927. His son in 1954.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust