Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

viclip

Practically Family
Hello, all!

I once posted here a good bit, as "thebroker." However, I can't for the life of me remember my old password, and I no longer have access to the email I used to register, so I figured connecting via Facebook might be a good option.

Since I was last a regular here, I decided to make a major life transition. I sold my business, moved back to my hometown, and at age 31, started college for the first time. Now, I'm on the verge of graduation, and I am headed to graduate school. I have made the rather tough decision to sell a portion of my collection - specifically, three of Art's VS masterpieces - to add to the "Move Joshua to Grad School" fund.

There are two felt (a black cherry, and a silver mist ArtLite), and one milan. All three are now up on eBay. I'm not sure what the protocol is these days about posting links, but I figure that we are all enterprising folks, and me simply saying they are there will be enough to point you all in the right direction. I put them up with very low starting prices, no reserve, and three day auctions. I would love it if all three went to Loungers, because I know you folks will appreciate them as much as I have.

I'm looking for a black cherry, pity that your's is 2 sizes too small for me:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Art-Fawcett-VS-Custom-Fedora-Black-Cherry-100-Beaver-7-3-8-/221477656984?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339118d998

John Galt

Vendor
This is a 5x real genuine sombrero, not a velvet mariachi style. I hope it is really fur felt as seller advised, and not wool...

unasu4ad.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
Kinda funny coming from you ;-). I inquired re felt quality & was advised fur felt and invited to make an offer because it had been up for a while. A real deal fur felt sombrero like this (knock on wood) is a rare item, and one I'd like to hang in my hat shop someday. That's one giant piece of felt. Maybe I'll wear it to the Red Bluff Roundup...

"The Cisco Kid, he is a friend of mine"

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Kinda funny coming from you ;-). I inquired re felt quality & was advised fur felt and invited to make an offer because it had been up for a while. A real deal fur felt sombrero like this (knock on wood) is a rare item, and one I'd like to hang in my hat shop someday. That's one giant piece of felt. Maybe I'll wear it to the Red Bluff Roundup...

"The Cisco Kid, he is a friend of mine"

"Juan Delagado Enrico Jesus Sanctimo Mon Galt, Patron, at your service".

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Here's a late-1930s Dobbs that I won from this eBay auction. Many thanks to Joshbru3 for the heads-up on this one!

It's actually a very rich, dark brown, but my flash washes it out. This seems to be the crease it's lived most of its life with, as this is what it defaults to. The front top is tightly creased. Very pleasing dimensions, with a 5 ¾" crown and a 2 ⅜" brim. The felt is quite thin and light, but firm.
DobbsOmelia1.jpg DobbsOmelia2.jpg

This outdoors shot shows the color the best.
DobbsOmelia8.jpg

More here in the Dobbs Diner.

Brad

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe