Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

fedoracentric

Banned
Hoo, boy. $305 big ones for a Knox 40 in a some what smaller size of 7-1/8

Looks like it is in great shape, too.

knox_40.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181455977674?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Landman

One Too Many

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Well I have learned that someone will list one just like "that expensive" hat someday. It's like my Tom Mix, I see them going for $150 and sometimes more than $200 and got one for less than $100 because the seller never mentioned it, only discovered when the hat arrived at my hand and I checked inside it.

fedoracentric

Banned
I have to admit, though, that there were a couple of times I bid WAY more than I should have on a hat just cuz I HAD to have it. I have not done it often, but I have done it a few times... well 3 times, to be precise.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Sad day here. After purchasing this circa-1930 Cavanagh Homburg through BIN, I received a refund from the seller this morning that the packaged hat and some other packages was stolen from his car. Too bad, because this hat had a very unique liner created for a Cavanagh Associate (retailer), one I hadn't seen before. Perhaps in the early years of Cavanagh they did this, but because they had so few Cavanagh Associates in the first few years, not too many have probably survived. Before anyone suggests eBay shenanigans might be the case here, this hat was up for auction once, and I think at least twice, before being offered as a BIN. I believe the seller. He said there is video from the parking lot cameras, so if the hat is recovered he will let me know.

Brad

CMH3,jpg.jpg
CMH5.jpg
CMH7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe